titanium or platinum?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Aug 6, 2001.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I'm familiar with the old classic, gold, platinum ranking. But where does Titanium fit in below or above platinum?

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I think it right below platinum.

Dani

3. aigle

aigle Well-Known Member

Titanium is a standard card with some color on it, just a marketing gimmick.

Plat
    Gold
    Standard/Titanium

4. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

With Direct Merchants, it's classic, titanium, gold, then platinum. My sister has gold, and I thought mine was better than hers. Nope!

5. the other

Thanks everyone.

I applied for Fleet ePlatinum, and it said I was approved for the eTitanium. I'm glad there is no difference.

LizardKing, please refresh my memory. What limit did they approve you for? They only approved me for $4200. With the exception of my Blue card (which doesn't report the limit), the lowest limit I have on any other card is 10k. I'm wondering what my chances are of trying to convince fleet to give me 10k when I call in to activate me card. The interest rate is good, 9.9%.

I like that they even gave me the card number and expiration date as soon as they approved me. That was pretty cool.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THE CARD SAYS (CLASSIC, SILVER, GOLD, PLATINUM, TITANIUM)...IT IS THE...
    1) INTRO RATE...
    2) "GO-TO" RATE...
    3) BENEFITS...
    My wife has a 9.90% GOLD CARD (with PLATINUM benefits)...

EVEN FROM THE SAME ISSUER, YOU CAN GET MANY DIFFERENT OFFERS...FLEET ePLATINUM OFFERS A FIXED 9.99%...WHICH IS BETTER THAN THE TITANIUM...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LK
    Titanium is exactly the same as Platinum for Fleet Bank credit cards.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is NOT always true...(varies from issuer to issuer).

7. the other

Fleet pulled Experian. My Credit Expert score is 725.

Blue (limit not reported to CRA) 2500
    Bank of America 10k
    Credit Union 10k
    Chase 15k
    Citibank (limit reported as 16,700) actual 22,700
    Discover (limit reported as 13k) actual 14,500
    MBNA (limit reported as 15k) actual 20k
    Wells Fargo 10k.

Some of the account recently had limit increases that are not yet reported to Experian.

And of course the new Fleet card with a $4200 limit. I hope I can convince them to increase it to 10k. Other than my Blue which doesn't report the limit, no other account has a limit below 10k.

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

the other
    Discover (limit reported as 13k) actual 14,500
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOW I KNOW WHY MY LIMIT ON DISCOVERCARD WAS $13,000...THEN $14,500...THEY THOUGHT I WAS YOU!!!

I just asked for closer to $20,000...that's only $1,400 x 5 years of NO increase...
    It's only fair!!!

9. the other

George,

I asked for 20k too, but 14,500 was all they would give me.

I think its funny how similar our stories with Discover are. The only difference is that you've had your account a long time and use it for purchases. I've only had mine almost a year and a half, and use it only for balance transfers.

10. the other

LizardKing,

My Experian report shows that I am using about 25k.

11. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I'M WAITING THEM OUT (DISCOVERCARD)...

I took ALL the card away from my kids and wife and mine too...they are sitting in the sock drawer...

I spent $45,800.56 year ending 07/27/2001...(too bad some of it was @ SAMS...0.25% never more).

DO THEY GET A WARNING FROM THE COMPUTER THAT I HAVE TERMINATED USING THE CARD???

Two charges were delayed, so my SEPTEMBER 27, 2001 bill will be $63.95!!!
    SHOULD I BE MEAN...AND TAKE BACK SOMETHING TO A STORE FOR $62.95 CREDIT???

12. Saar

Saar Banned

None of the main CC networks (Visa, MC, Amex, Discover, Diners) has a formal "Titanium" classification. If a certain issuer chooses to name its card Titanium, Geranium or Uranium, they're in the business of PR, rather than consumer credit.

Saar

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

ok...

14. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

What about Plutonium?

Randy

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THERE IS ONE OR TWO CREDIT CARD COMPANIES THAT NEED TO ISSUE A DANDELION CARD (WEED).