TJX Visa Card Capital One

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by BostonJeff, Oct 16, 2001.

1. BostonJeff

BostonJeff Well-Known Member

Hey Folks,

Has anyone heard of the new TJX visa card being issued by Capital One? I just got approved for one in addition to my Plat card with them. It sounds like a good deal, 4.99 fixed until May 02 then 19.00 (I'm sure Retention will drop that) with no annual fee plus you earn rewards cert to be used at TJ Maxx, Marshalls, etc. It's a brand new product, some of the CSR's still don't know about it.

BJ

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I got the preapproval in the mail, but didn't take it. I have seen too many of those offers turn out to be the "toy" $200 limit card. I am not taking an inquiry for that - trying to ditch the Cap One card I have currently. It's not a $200 limti, but I think they should report the balance if cardholder requests it.

3. BostonJeff

I've read both sides of Capital One on the board. Personally, they been good to me in regard to combining some previously established accounts into a Platinum card and then giving me a good increase on top of that. While the new TJX card is not in the Platinum $ range it's at least over 2K.

Some day this will all be a dream :)

4. Mirage

Mirage Well-Known Member

Does anyone remember how many active Cap 1 accounts one person can have?

Best regards,
    Mirage

5. BostonJeff

I originally had four that were combined in a Plat card.

BJ

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I feel the same way about DMB when folks rant about how bad they are. They have treated me much better than Cap One. Cap One just left a bad taste in my mouth - I don't trust them.