To: Ann Marie

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lucy, Mar 28, 2001.

1. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Ann Marie:

I called Citibank as you suggested. For one thing the CSR was so rude it was beyond belief. She told me that Citibank never approves credit card applications online instantly.

I explained to her that this is funny, other people have been approved online instantly for credit cards.

Anyway, by the rudeness of the CSR, and the fact that she was unable to help me, I'm not too sure I want a Citibank card to start with. I was surprised by the rudeness to a potential customer.

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Lucy

wow! I have NEVER been treated badly at Citibank--even when I was 55 days late many years ago. I was extremely rude to a CSR about 6 mos ago---she was clam and asked me to please treat her in the same respect she was treating me. I apologized (I was pissed over the fee for making a phone payment)
    I am so sorry that you had a bad experience! I just got the Plat Select online (5k) and my husband got his Plat Select (11,500)online--instantly.
    PLEASE call back and try again, and if THIS one is rude, make sure you get her name/op number and talk to a supervisor. If she won't connect you or hangs up, call back and immediately ask for one.
    I called to upgrade my card the day after (within 24 hours) of getting online approval and it was in the system.
    Citi has a great reputation and I can vouch for the good service but in all organizations, there's that bad apple (ie: that chick you hated in high school) lol
    Please, let me know how it goes!
    AnnMarie

3. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

Re: Lucy

What's their number?

4. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

I was thinking of doing that, but she said if I applied online no information would be available on their computers for at least 2 weeks. I dunno. Anyway, I have to go to work in 45 minutes, I finally got a great job, the best ever (working just 24 hours a week during the day, with the same salary I am used to making in 40!), so I can get rid of those fools at Cross Country Bank BEFORE they have a chance to ruin my husband's credit. I sent them a payment and it posted in 4 days. As soon as I start getting paid, I intend to pay them off immediately and get rid of them for good.

5. lucy

lucy Well-Known Member

Nawlins:

The number is 888-544-9882

6. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Lucy
    Obviously that lady was *ahem talking out of an orifice that is best suited for other purposes. The cc company had my account OPEN and ready to charge on IMMEDIATELY upon approval (they gave me the account number upon approval online) and I called to confirm the account the next day (I was in shock that I got it and had to prove it to myself!)
    Much luck to you
    AnnMarie