To: AnnMarie

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, May 1, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I saw your post about being turned down for a credit card while you were disputing the negatives in your credit file.

What card did you apply for?

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I actually applied to several to test the waters--I was looking for a good balance transfer offer and to see what was out there for me.
    I applied to Chase, Nextcard (offered reverse secured option) I believe it was the same time period I had tried Discover also..I can check and let you know if you'd like.

AnnMarie

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

When you dispute an item it is not factored into the score, HOWEVER it i still listed on your reports as (in dispute), so potential creditors still see this, I guess if the bank uses an automatic instant scoring system for approval, it may work, but if they peek at the report the items are still boldly there.

Mom

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks AnnMarie. I got the Nextcard, can't apply to Chase, and Discover has the rotten billing cycle.

I agree with Mom about the FICO scoring.

5. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

Yeah that does make sense....and ya know, I'm thinking I applied to Am Ex during that time also--yeah really blew my inquiries out of the water but it was test.

am