to: anthony re: validation...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Aug 26, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Hey Anthony,

I had a question regarding validation letters.. here is the scenario. On my CR, I have a listing from a CA. The original debt is no longer listed, either removed by time or through disputes w/ the CRA. I am not sure offhand..

I sent a validation letter to the CA, they responded by saying they will cease all collection efforts and are curently in the process of investigating the original debt and obtaining the items I requested in my validation letter to insure the debt is valid, with the original creditor. I also followed up w/ the CA with the second validation letter where I assume the debt is invalid because of the lack of response.. they followed up by sending the same letter.

Now, my question is what is the CRA and CA supposed to do at this point? Is the CA only required by law to report to the CRA that the items are in dispute currently, but not nessarily have them removed?

.. or can I also write a letter to the CA and find out info on who the original creditor is so I can send them a validation letter as well? Thx in advance..

2. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Hay Ender:
    Listen Iâ??ve been up rather late (for me anyway) lately, and need to get some rest. Since I noticed you post and given the late hour (here on the west coast). I thought to give you a heads up and let ya know Iâ??ll post again tomorrow. Not to worry, however, your concerns donâ??t appear insurmountable.