To Bill Bauer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by once38, Apr 16, 2001.

1. once38

once38 Well-Known Member

Could you elaborate on yesterdays post regarding making money on your credit cards by opening up a savings account? I'm missing some details or just don't get it.Thanks for your help.

2. Bill Bauer

Bill Bauer Guest

I was once38 too.

and now I've been 39 for the last 32 years!

Ok, on to the question.

Quickly you get at least 5 to 6 credit cards and open a savings account too. Stagger the payments with the card companies so that you have a payment falling due each week of the month. Put (maybe almost) all of your paychecks in the savings account and buy all your groceries and gas and pay all the bills you can with the credit cards, using a different credit card each week and only for one week
    Pay the credit cards off on the date they become due and pay them in full every time without fail so as not to incur any late payment or interest fees.

The net effect will be that you will be earning interest on the money that you have already spent.

Bill Bauer

3. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Re: I was once38 too.

This theory is good, in effect. You have to be careful however, as many cards now use Two-cycle billing for calculating interest, to snag users with f/c when they pay in full each month.