To Bkev and Bbauer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by pbm, Nov 6, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pbm

pbm Administrator

Dear Bkev and Bbauer:

I think it's fair to say that last week this discussion board was dominated by exchanges between the two of you. While we encourage dissenting views, such exchanges have to be balanced against the greater interest of this message board and they must be constructive not disruptive. Based on the threads I reviewed and the unusually high volume of complaints I received last week it seems your recent exchanges fall into the latter category.

This board is a battleground for ideas, not individuals. Consequently I kindly ask each of you to comply with the following requests in order to avoid repetitive discourse injury.

Bkev, although you present sound and reasonable arguments to support your point-of-view you should realize that by continuing to do so you are becoming increasingly disruptive while undermining your own efforts, particularly when you usurp threads started by other members whose questions are directed at Bbauer, not at you. I would greatly appreciate it if you showed more restraint and resisted the temptation to discredit Creditwrench at every opportunity.

Bbauer, although you show considerable restraint while under attack you should realize that Bkev is not the first to protest your apparently strong self-promotional image on this board. Nor is he the only one. I have been contacted by at least a dozen members who share that same view. I therefore ask you to make a decision: you can continue to participate as a member on the discussion board, or you can advertise with us. But you cannot use the board as a marketing vehicle for Creditwrench. If you continue to participate in the discussions we expect you to share your knowledge and experience with others. That is the purpose of the board--to provide a vehicle for the unrestricted, unconditional dissemination of information.

Finally, I ask both of you to change your signatures. As admin I can of course modify them myself but that seems more invasive than I care to be. Please consider limiting your signatures to your name, email, and a link or quote. That goes for everyone else, too.

I trust that neither of you will take this personally, and that you can both appreciate the position I am in in trying to keep this board balanced through minimal intervention. I thank you in advance for your cooperation as well as your continued and valued patronage on Straight Talk.

Sincerely,
    pbm

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thank you for publicly stating your position!

I understand and will try to comply as much is as humanly possible. I speak for many people when I tell you how lucky I think everyone is to have access to creditnet.com!

3. bbauer

bbauer Banned

I would like to do both. I have asked you for rates to see if there is any possibility that I can afford at this time and have received no reply. Please provide and I will most definitely see what finances will allow me to do.

I will try to do that to the greatest extent possible.

I think that your past experience with me should indicate to you that I always comply with your requests and suggestions.

Respectfully yours
    Bill Bauer

4. pbm

pbm Administrator

Thanks for pledging your cooperation, Bkev.

Sincerely,
    pbm

5. pbm

pbm Administrator

Indeed. And I want to thank you for your past and present cooperation.

As for your request to do both, unfortunately this is not possible. We adhere to a relatively strict policy which draws and maintains a significant distinction between advertiser and board member. Doing otherwise represents a potential conflict of interest.

If you do advertise with Creditnet we would expect your participation on the board to be limited to addressing specific problems that your clients may have who choose to reveal or discuss those problems on our board. This is identical to our arrangement with Lexington. Of course, it would mean we would no longer benefit from your posts as you would be precluded from participating as a "regular" member.

For what it's worth, we prefer to keep you on as a Straight Talk member, and are happy to forgo potential advertising revenue in favor of your contributions to the board.

Hopefully this helps you understand our position better. If you have any further comments or suggestions please email me.

Thanks,
    pbm

6. bbauer

bbauer Banned

As usual, I choose to follow your excellent suggestions, requests and advice.

As always, at any time that you have any consternation about any of my activities, please email me immediately and I will comply with your slightest desire.

As you may have noticed, I have not drastically changed my latest taglines for the simple reason that I felt that you were doing an outstanding and highly commendable piece of work with the new credit information you are posting in another area of the board and I wanted to call people's attention to your outstanding contribution and the second tagline is of course tied to your letters section so that new people might have an easier time of finding those letters and getting help.

If you find those signature/tag lines objectionable for any reason whatsoever, let me know and I will remove them as well. No problem

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

PBM:

I think Bill is breaking the spirit of the creditnet.com membership rules by being allowed to display creditwrench.com in his signature. I think it's back to the advertising for free issue all over again.

Why can people just not click on his member profile and send email to him that way. Or if he needs to display an email address in his signature, why not bbauer1@netzero.net? At the very least it should be a blind link like EMAIL ME HERE which when clicked sends the mail to ceo@creditwrench.com.

If you don't ask him to change it, you give him 2000+ free advertisements.

8. pbm

pbm Administrator

I respectfully disagree. I think it is to the benefit of board visitors to see the domain name or company name associated with the address without having to click on it.

Any additional business Bill Bauer generates for himself by contributing valuable information to this board is business he has earned through posting and is therefore entitled to. This in no way violates our TOS.

I trust this helps resolve any outstanding issues and allows this discussion board to press forward on credit matters.

Sincerely,
    pbm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.