To CK; about Lexington

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Angela, Jan 23, 2001.

1. Angela

Angela Guest

I saw your mortgage question below. Sorry I couldn't help as I know nothing about mortgages. Can you tell us about your experience with lexington. If Junum can't rid of my chargeoffs, I plan to go to Lexington. How much stuff did they delete and what did it cost?

2. Mike

Mike Well-Known Member

i have had many deletion includeing 3 yr old bk.it take about 60 days from the time you mail them your reports.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Do you know if Lex pulled your BK file from the court to get it deleted?. Junum is sending letters on my behalf to contest my Bk but I don't expect the BK to disappear from the public records portion of the credit report without pulling the file. Junum doesn't pull BK files so I may got to Lex next.

4. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Lexington doesn't do that either. It only works in a few counties (if it still works at all.) My experience is that the "pull the bankruptcy papers" is a bit of credit repair mythology (and, yes, I've read the books too.)

While in a deposition with TRW (old Experian) an attorney partner drug out the information that bankruptcies are usually verified through the "included in bankruptcy" items. In other words, the creditors who were included in the bankruptcy are considered appropriate sources to verify the existence of the bankruptcy. Once the included items are deleted, bankruptcies often fly off the report.

Deleting the included items first is why it generally is harder and longer to delete a BK. (as always, there are exceptions to this. Many times, Lex deletes BKs while there are included items remaining.)