To: Creditexpert users!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jul 14, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I have had significant improvement on my Experian report recently.

Officially my Creditexpert score is hovering in the 670's. But when I go to the simulator it now shows as 750. My feeling has been that Creditexpert is 30 days behind Experian.

Has anyone else noticed this????

DaveLV - Congrats on the inquiry deletion from your thread. Check the simulator and see if your score is higher.

Best regards - Jim

2. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Jim, just curious, what makes you think that CreditExpert is a month behind Experian? I ask because I just had two charge-off accounts from Capital One removed (leaving me with a total of 5 unpaid negatives), and my score only went up a whopping 5 points. I also have had a couple of inquiries deleted (leaving me 13 total, 6 of which were in the last 6 mos), with no adjustment to my CreditExpert score.

Any thoughts?

3. Saar

Saar Banned

There are 2 issues here:

1. The credit report generated by CreditExpert (CE) is a 100% real-time reflection of your Experian report, as it is pulled directly from the Experian web site.

2. The CE score is a different story. It is not updated instantly. I believe they update it once a week.

Saar

4. chriscraft

Saar, well put. I agree totally with what you have said. I am still curious. though, why there would be a lag between CreditExpert score and the Experian credit report. Shouldn't the score reflect the current credit report? Why the delay? To me, the product seems pretty much useless if it isn't in sync with the current credit report.

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

1. The score on the simulator is completely wrong. It shows like 350 on mine...glitch.

2. The score is updated maybe once a week, not every day.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Well then Lizard, my experience w/ them has been different. Changes to my credit report took a few days to reflect on CE score.

Saar

7. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I think the graphic on the simulator is just not calibrated right.

8. Saar

Saar Banned

That's also true, DaveLV

Saar

9. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

I've noticed my credit simulator score is almost 50 points higher than my CE score and the prepopulated numbers are wrong, also. However, the simulator score is the same as the Eloan score. They match exactly. Strange coincidence?

10. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I don't see a place in the simulator that gives you a numerical score. There is just a graphic with some "checkpoint" scores on it that is miscalibrated. Do you see a place with an exact numerical score in the simulator that you are matching with eloan?

11. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

DaveLV,

I see the arrow on the simulator pointing to the exact number on the graph (660) which matches my Eloan score.

12. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll throw a new one at ya...hubby's credit report is still showing an account that CE is showing deleted. His score jumped dramatically (ok, 34 pts) the day it as deleted. Simulator is exactly the same.

Now, I know that this particular account should not be on the report as I have the delete letter in my hand from the creditor...so...the CE seems correct while the report obtained through CE does now.

Go figure.

13. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Creditexpert certainly skips a day every now and then. Here are the soft inquiries from creditexpert.com on my Experian report. There hasn't been a day since I signed up that I haven't logged on and checked my score and report (I know, I'm pathetic) but the soft inquiries miss a day occasionally. I know it doesn't do a soft every time you access your report, because I sometimes look at mine a few times a day (I know, REALLY pathetic).

CREDITEXPERT.COM
    Date: 07/13/2001, 07/12/2001, 07/11/2001,
    07/10/2001, 07/09/2001, 07/08/2001,
    07/06/2001, 07/05/2001, 07/04/2001,
    07/03/2001, 07/02/2001, 07/01/2001,
    06/30/2001, 06/28/2001, 06/27/2001,
    06/26/2001, 06/25/2001, 06/23/2001,
    06/22/2001, 06/21/2001, 06/19/2001,
    06/18/2001, 06/16/2001, 06/15/2001,
    06/13/2001, 06/12/2001, 06/10/2001,
    06/09/2001, 06/07/2001, 06/06/2001

What I don't know is if it will do a soft inquiry every day even if I wasn't logging on to look.

14. chriscraft

DaveLV - I'm glad I'm not the only one who checks his CreditExpert score at least once per day :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one who needs an "intervention"!!!

15. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Sheesh -- I'm just worried about what the soft inquiry portion of my report is going to look like in a year or two!

16. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

ISSUE #1
    I received a Hard copy of my Experian report showing a deleted negative item. 2 days later, I joined Creditexpert which continues to show the deleted item. Later, I got another Hard copy showing 2 more deleted negative items. Therefore no negative items remain on the Hard copy.

Yet Creditexpert continues to show the 3 negative items.

ISSUE #2
    The simulator graphic score seemed to be in agreement with the score seen on the "Credit Manager" screen 3 weeks ago. Then the simulator score began to rise in comparison with the other score. - As if the simulator knows that 3 negatives were deleted but the report is still showing the lower score.

ISSUE #3
    In 3 weeks, the score seen on the Credit Manager screen has changed 6 times as account information is updated.

I like Creditexpert and may keep it for a year. But I suspect that not everything here is real time. Just a guess based on comparisons with the hard copy Experian reports. It would not surprise me if I turned Creditexpert on and find those 3 negative accounts gone and all the scores in agreement at some point.

Thanks - Jim

17. marvin

marvin Well-Known Member

I do the same thing. I think they will probably quit adding the soft inquiry section to the report. Probably won't have much choice with some of our reports.

18. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I could see them sending your paper report to you in one of those big envelopes with $3.00 postage...

19. jfpruitt

jfpruitt Well-Known Member

Hehe..dont feel bad, I do the exact same thing..I'm obsessed at this point!! LOL