To Dave - re: Capital One Secu

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Sep 27, 2000.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Dave, the message board moves so fast I did not get a chance to answer your questions.

I telephoned to get the $99 deposit back after 12 months.

The gold card upgrade (preapproved) arrived in the mail 18 months after my B.K. was approved. It had a $99 processing fee attached. I asked for a supervisor and got the fee waived.

Always be polite and complimentary when you are on the phone. Remember that contrary to what you might hear sometimes a B.K. improves your likelihood of getting credit because you cannot do another Chapter 7 B.K. for 6 years. and you had to go to court to explain to a B.K. judge why you had to B.K. in the first place.

By the way, I am ignoring preapproved offer(s) from Providian for $3,000 gold cards. I don't want the additional credit and don't like the monthly fees.

My FICO score has improved from 530 in March 1999 to 641 in May 2000. I saw the scores when I was getting my Auto loan on my used Mercedes and a credit Union VISA card.

If you have any questions just post.

2. Saar

Saar Banned

RE: To Dave - re: Capital One

"By the way, I am ignoring preapproved offer(s) from Providian for $3,000 gold cards. I don't want the additional credit and don't like the monthly fees. "

Could you please post all the details of their offer? Thanks.

Saar

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: To Dave - re: Capital One

Jim--

Thanks for the response. I've always been polite in dealing with Cap1 (cuz i'm a polite kind a guy!). Still got nowhere. In the last few months, I've opened new accounts with Citibank and MBNA with generous limits and reasonable terms, so I didn't see any point in keeping my Cap1 secured account anymore with its 20+ interest rate. I closed that account and the other one I had with Cap1. I'm still appreciative that they gave me credit when others wouldn't but since they haven't been reasonable about changing the terms, the time came to move on.

Jim wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Dave, the message board moves so fast I did not get a chance to answer your questions.

I telephoned to get the $99 deposit back after 12 months.

The gold card upgrade (preapproved) arrived in the mail 18 months after my B.K. was approved. It had a $99 processing fee attached. I asked for a supervisor and got the fee waived.

Always be polite and complimentary when you are on the phone. Remember that contrary to what you might hear sometimes a B.K. improves your likelihood of getting credit because you cannot do another Chapter 7 B.K. for 6 years. and you had to go to court to explain to a B.K. judge why you had to B.K. in the first place.

By the way, I am ignoring preapproved offer(s) from Providian for $3,000 gold cards. I don't want the additional credit and don't like the monthly fees.

My FICO score has improved from 530 in March 1999 to 641 in May 2000. I saw the scores when I was getting my Auto loan on my used Mercedes and a credit Union VISA card.

If you have a....

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

RE: 20%+ interest & $5.95

$29 fee for being late or overlimit.