To DaveLV - Orchard Bank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FeliceRodo, Jul 17, 2001.

1. FeliceRodo

FeliceRodo Well-Known Member

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I think you said you had a gold Orchard Card. I am not totally sure. Nevertheless, I was curious to know your opinion about the best method I could employ to upgrade my regular Orchard card to gold status. I got the fax number to write to and I thought I would just ask for an upgrade to gold and also to a lower apr, higher credit limit, and no annual fee. I have a $79 annual fee and $1500 credit line right now.

Would my request be taken more seriously if I wrote them by mail, sending the mail certified? Do you know of a contact person and telephone number I could call? If anyone would know you would have a good strategy.

Btw, I tried retention and they offered another $300 cl increase or apr of 15.9. One or the other - that's all they could do. Very discouraging since I have been with Orchard for a year and always pay my account off in full every month.

2. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I have Household and Orchard with $700 and $500 limits respectively. Sorry -- I don't have the gold card and don't really know how you'd go about upgrading.

I don't think writing them would do much good if retention didn't offer you anything more. A few months ago I called retention and they offered me a limit increase or an APR reduction or a refunded annual fee. I would have saved more money with the annual fee credit, but they only offered to do that for this year's fee. I took the APR reduction because that was a permanent reduction for as long as I keep the account.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful on your subject...