To Dogman,or Jason RE-Cobaltcard

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by once38, Jul 8, 2001.

1. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Dogman,

I applied for this card today and I got the same response as Nana. Never got to the funding part.

I moved in March. From what I understand there is not supposed to be an inquiry pulled on a CRA, but then again, how would they verify address? Especially since they did not get to the funding part. If they check with a CRA is it hard or soft? To my knowledge the only CRA that appears to have my old address is EQ. I am currently disputing through them and they waited almost a month to send me that darned letter about proving my address and identity and that they could not process my disputes without that info, provide the info and resubmit the disputes...blah, blah, blah.

It looks like Nana should be hearing back from Cobalt by tomorrow so it will be interesting to see what the hold up is.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

They use equifax ID services

breeze

3. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Thanks, Dogman..I feel much better now! :) I was beginning to feel like such a loser..LOL

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Ok...nothing yet...::::::::::tapping foot, rolling eyes:::::::

When can I start pouting? 48 hours is about 5 hours away!

5. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Ah hah! I think Breeze answered the mystery. Equifax address services. Equifax is the one I am having the problems with in the dispute process. Remember, they cannot process my disputes until I prove my identity and andress.

So does this mean that Cobalt Card is going to want me to send a copy of either my SS card, paycheck stub, W-2 AND either my utility bill, drivers license, pay check stub with my address just like Equifax wants me to. How about allowing you to fund your card and using your source of funding to verify the address against. Gee whiz my bank and credit cards have more current info on my than Equifax does!

6. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Aha with you! They are the only one reporting our old address...tada!!!

So....AMEX...give me the darn outline of what I need to do..

Let's guess..I say...utility bills and SS card.

what's your guess?

7. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

I say a DNA sample to prove identity, a video of us showing the address sign in front of where we live as we move over to the corner to show the street sign and then as we walk over to our front door (closeup of us turning the key in the lock) and open the door and walk in. Or maybe they can just get a picture of us outside our residence via a satelite image!

Do you think that will suffice?

8. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

ROFLMAO...that was hysterical!!! Made my day!

9. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

A notarized affidavit from the person taking the video, that it is you, and your firstborn.

But they might still get your file mixed up with someone else's.

breeze

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

LOL....and I have to see if the gloves they have fit..

AHHAHAHAHHA

Ok, that was lame.

11. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

<As I'm wiping the tears from my eyes>
    O.k. I think I can get up off the floor now! :-D

12. dlo64

dlo64 Well-Known Member

Oh, okay, Breeze....(turning the camera on myself), I, DLO64, hereby certify and attest to the video I am taking that it is me and that I live at XYZ address. Now getting a real tight shot of me affixing the notary stamp to my forehead.

Also, better take that video camera to the lab this afternoon to prove they are taking my blood for the DNA sample. Better yet, better keep that video on sample through the entire test so as not to tamper with the evidence. LOL

I just realized something...Equifax and Cobalt think we are aliens from another planet! Ugh....

13. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

beepity beep quirk dookie beegle peel jamba?

:::::::still waiting:::::::

Hey, I read the FAQ's and it says validation can take up to 2 weeks.