To Donna: re Equifax, JC Penny

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by marci, Feb 14, 2001.

1. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Hi Donna,

Concerning disputes with letters from creditors: Experian deleted a tradeline within 3 days of receiving my fax with two letters from the same creditor, no questions asked. Neither Equifax or Transunion would. Equifax told me that it's their general policy not to accept such letters from anyone. The first Transunion rep asked me to fax my letters to the CCD department. A week later the second Transunion rep said that my letters were too old to be used (one was dated mid-November and the other was dated the last week of January) and that the creditor had verified via tape after Transunion received my letters. She also said that Transunion was NOT obligated to do phone verifications, after I requested that she do that. Next, after I asked how recent a letter needed to be and then threatened the Transunion rep with a lawsuit, she asked me to fax her directly (her direct fax number) all of my letters from the creditor, which she then deleted the same day. By this time, I had a third letter from the creditor. Equifax deleted it this week, after (I think) a rush fax from the creditor, once I called them complaining that they kept verifying info.

In both cases it seems that my creditor's "tape" record of me had not been updated, even though they agreed that it was to be deleted. So, if you're having this problem with JC Penney, you should call JC Penney and ask for the dept. that does tape updates, speak to a supervisor, and read to them the letters that JC Penney had sent you. Tell a JcPenney supervisor to send a rush fax update to the CRA's and update the tape record to reflect deletion. If they stall, threaten to sue them for defamation.

Also, try these fax numbers and include the name and number (and extension number) of a JC Penney supervisor who can affirm the deletion - and invite the CRAs to do a phone verification. Even if the CRAs don't respond to the faxes, at least you'll have it on record that you did supply them with non-frivolous information and a contact to prove your case if you choose to sue.

FYI FAX numbers:

Experian: 972-390-3974 (attn. Kareena)
    Transunion: 610-546-4605 (attn. CCD)

Hope this helps,

Marci

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

1st letter to Transunion

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am requesting that Transunion immediately delete the Creditor account # 1234567. Creditor has informed me that it contacted Transunion in mid-November and in January with instructions that this account was to be deleted. However, the Creditor account is still on my Transunion report per telephone communication with two Transunion representatives on date.

Please find two enclosed letters from Creditor dated November and dated January stating that Creditor had requested Equifax, Experian and Transunion to delete it's entry from my credit report.

I expect this account to be deleted immediately. (typed in boldface)

Company Name Account Number

Creditor 123456789

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Sincerely,

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: To Donna: re Equifax, JC P

Marci,

Thanks so much. I really appreciate the advice and excellent info.

Also, congratulations! I'm delighted to hear that you were finally able to convince the bureaus, especially, Equifax, to cooperate. Great work!

As far as Transunion is concerned, they've been okay. In fact, I'd say they've been the easiest to break through.

Currently, I'm disputing JCPenney again with Equifax. Results should be coming back within the next couple of weeks.

If Equifax doesn't have my account showing a positive status, I'll be on the phone to JCPenneys. I'll get them to send a rush fax and update the tape. So far, Penneys has been extremely helpful. Equifax should take lessons from them. Also, I'll make sure to get a contact person and strongly insist that Equifax follow up with a phone verification.

Take care and thanks again for the help.

Donna

4. marci

marci Well-Known Member

2cd letter to Transunion

This letter was faxed to a specific rep at Transunion, who's fax number I won't publish, but maybe you can get a friendly rep who will let you fax a direct fax to him/her. You can choose whether to include a threat to exercise every option available to you under the law to protect your rights, if you'd like. I didn't since I had already done that on the phone and the rep basically told me she'd personally delete it once she got the fax (a second rep verified the deletion later that day).

Dear _____

I am requesting that Transunion immediately delete the Creditor account #1234567. Creditor informed me that it contacted Transunion in mid-November and in January with instructions that this account was to be deleted. However, the Creditor account was still on my Transunion report per telephone communication with two Transunion representatives on date. As of today, you informed me that the Creditor account is still listed, in spite of my letter dated (1st letter to Transunion's date) with two letters of documentation from Creditor, dated November and January. Copies of these three letters are included in this correspondence today.

In this correspondence, you will also find new documentation that this account is to be deleted. The most recent letter from Creditor, dated ___, is from Mr. ______, the supervisor of the Creditor Verification Department, stating that he had rushed a fax on February 6th to Transunion to have this account deleted. Mr. ____'s contact information is 1-800-555-5555 ext. 12345. However, anyone in the Creditor Verification Department is aware of this situation with Transunion and will affirm that the account is to be deleted.

I expect this account to be deleted immediately.

Thank you for your time in this matter.

Sincerely,

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

You're welcome, Donna. I'm glad to be of help. I hope it works for you. But don't wait on Equifax. I'd call JC Penney today, demanding a rush update, since Equifax already verified the account. Why should you wait for them to figure out their mistakes? This is your time they're wasting. Make them all be accountable.

Hope it goes well!

Marci

6. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: GOOD ADVICE

That's good advice, Marci. But I'll have to get started on this little project tomorrow. I'm at work now and everything is at home. When I call, I'll definitely need the letters. Then, I'll have to scan them, and transcribe them into braille, so I can read them over the phone. Yep, a bit of extra work but well worth it. I could probably ask my co-worker to read the letters to the JCP supervisor for me but I'd rather handle everything myself.

One way or the other, though, that account is getting updated on Equifax. Penneys isn't deleting it entirely; they're just taking out the derogatory info.

Again, thanks a bunch.

Donna

7. Top

Top Guest

Hi Merci,

I just called Experian, They don't accept to send the dispute by Fax. I am out of luck.