To: Donna Re "hard inquiries"

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jun 29, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Donna,

Over on Marci's thread, you brought up the problem you are having with the 10 Qspace inquires on Equifax. I have never had any experience with Qspace. So I am ignorant about who owns Qspace etc. I would like to share something with you.

I had 3 "hard inquiries" on my EQ report. Today, I have 2. Soon I will have 1. The one remaining inquiry can stay because it over a year old and from a cell phone company.

When I confirm that the 2nd hard inquiry is off EQ, I will share with the board what I did to get rid of these 2 guys.

But I found out from very reliable individuals that it is very difficult to delete hard inquiries on EQ. Not impossible but very difficult. However, they can be changed to PR (Promotional) more easily.

Perhaps you already know this but I thought I would bring it up just in case.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

QSPACE IS NOT A BUSINESS THAT ISSUES CREDIT...so they cannot do "HARD" inquiry...especially since when you request a credit report for yourself...it MUST be a "SOFT"...

DISPUTE IT FOR REMOVAL!!!!

DON'T EVEN ASK FOR "PRM"...WASN'T EVEN WORTH A "PRM"...(BUT IT IS STILL BETTER THAN WORTHKNOWING I GUESS)...

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I do agree with GEORGE - If you have an unauthorized inquiry - DISPUTE IT!

My comments are really not complete here as I am not ready to fully discuss my EQ credit inquiry success yet!

Also, I just wanted to be helpful to Donna.

As I said on Marci's thread - I have just been astounded at the murderous effect on a credit score that "hard inquires" and new credit can have.

4. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Not always George. I have just realized in the last month o so that everytime I ordered a credit report down at the local retail merchant association...local bredit place everybody uses to get a report.... they pulled a HARD INQUIRY. It's listed as a real estate loan inquiry.

I have to add that to my list of people to call and bitch at!! Luckily the last one falls off the 6 months in about 3 days.

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that judy!

But your point is well made. Some credit inquiries can result from misunderstandings between the consumer and lenders/ retail merchant associations etc. I have been in this situation myself.

As a side issue, I hope that the credit inquiries do less harm to your score after 6 months. But what is really annoying is that there appears to be circumstantial evidence that the inquiries harm us for 2 years.