To Donna...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by marci, Jan 17, 2001.

1. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Donna,

You mentioned in an earlier thread that you have one negative item (paid charge-off from 1998) remaining on two reports. Have you been able to get any "prime" credit cards with that history?

Thanks,

Marci

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Marci,

Yes, CitiBank approved me for both a silver and gold advantage card. I ended up dropping the silver, keeping the gold and combining the limits, but that's what I've been able to get.

Around the 27th of December, I applied for the Chase Shop Now card online and I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I guess they're gonna make me wait the full 30 days.

You know, Marci, lots of folks here have gotten the Citibank AA card with derogatory information still on their reports. You might want to give them a try.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Donna

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Except...

They are the one I burned... :)

I'll wait to see what happens with your Chase application.

Thanks,

Marci

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Ooops...not a good suggestion then.

I'll keep you posted on Chase. I'm skeptical about my chances. Initially, the online ap said I would get an instant decision but I didn't. Instead, the infamous your-application-needs-more-processing message appeared on the screen. But, since I haven't been told no yet, I'm still holding out some hope. Within the next couple of weeks, I'm sure I'll know something.

Donna

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Roni once mentioned something about Chase always taking the full 30 days for everyone, so I wouldn't sweat it. And you're probably in good shape since you do have the Citibank already.

Thanks for replying, Donna!

Marci

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Donna a few threads back someone posted a number for chase to check on your status, maybe you could call?? The waiting would kill me LOL

7. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks, Mom.

hehehehe Yeah, the wait is killing me! My suspense tolerance is low. A three-hour suspense-filled movie is about all I can stand. Maybe I'll sift through the threads and see if I can find that number.

Donna

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: To Donna... this may be it

1-800-551-1470

Let us know:)

9. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks mom. I sure appreciate you digging through the threds and finding that number for me. I'll try it and let you know.

Donna

10. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Mom,

Just as an update, I didn't have any luck with that number. Apparently, this is a number for customers who have already established their accounts. Without an account number, there didn't seem to be a way to get through the automated system. Guess I'll have to endure the suspense for another couple weeks.

Thanks.

Donna

11. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

CAll 1 800-48Chase.....

That's the number that I called. Hit '0'...if that's not the number, then they can refer you to the right dept.

12. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Thanks much, MP$40, I'll try that number. However, in light of the Chase experience you just shared, I'm even more skeptical than I was before. Like, you, I really want this card! Regardless of whether I'm approved, I'm canceling 1st Premier come February 1st and I'd like to have another creditcard as a replacement. I don't need the credit and I want a prime card. Therefore, if Chase doesn't approve me, I'll just have to do with what I have for a while.

I'm really sorry you didn't get the card. I sure do know how the disappointment feels.

Thanks again.

Donna