To: GEORGE Re: Fleet

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Aug 6, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I saw your post about the favorable apr. BT's.

Have you been satified as a Fleet card holder?

Jim

BTW - Anyone else have any comments on Fleet service, BT's etc.?

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

EXCEPT FOR THE POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE BY PHONE...the card was fine.
    One rep. even said that the TITANIUM was only by invitation...even though I told her I was looking at the application on my computer screen at that exact time...

I asked to upgrade to TITANIUM for a lower "GO-TO" rate...
    I was told to apply on-line for the TITANIUM card and close the PLATINUM card...THAT IS WHAT I DID...
    NOW I HAVE NO FLEET CARD SINCE I WAS DENIED BY MAIL FOR THE TITANIUM CARD...

I FAXED THEM YESTERDAY asking if they really don't want my business.
    I found on another web site that they offer a 9.99% fixed ePLATINUM card.
    I asked if they will give me that card NO QUESTIONS ASKED, NO APPLICATION, NO SECOND CREDIT REPORT.

I will see what happens...

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I noticed that Fleet is marketing a FUSION card also. Someone else told me that the Platinum card is a good deal as he gets low apr. BT offers wnenever he pays his card off.

Jim

4. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

imagine that, they have two different ePlatinum applications out there for cards with different interest rates. The 9.9 is the one I was approved for, that better be the one they are giving me.

7. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Terms and conditions on the Application for the Fleet E-Platinum Visa. This is just below the clause about arbitration for disputes limiting your right to sue or be involved in class actions against Fleet:

-------------------------------------------------

Your specific credit line will be assigned based on various factors, including income and credit status. To qualify for a Fleet E-Platinum Visa account, you must be assigned a minimum $5,000 credit line. If you don't qualify for a Fleet E-Platinum Visa account, Fleet may open a Fleet E-Titanium Visa account for you on the account terms stated in the CONSUMER INFORMATION below, or Fleet may forward your application and any other information obtained in connection with your application to another lender for further consideration and agree that the other lender may obtain a consumer report for this purpose. You understand that cash advances may be limited to a portion of the credit line you are assigned. This offer is non-transferable and may not be accepted if you provide only a P.O. Box or foreign address, have another Fleet credit card account that has been open for less than three months, or have another Fleet credit card application in process.

8. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I don't know...but you can't apply twice in 30 days...I GUESS WAIT 31 DAYS AFTER YOU GET YOUR FIRST ACCOUNT????

10. Saar

Saar Banned

Jim, you've made a long way rebuilding your credit. There's no reason to turn to an inferior lender now. Fleet & First USA are the same league. As Doris K said, these two offer sub-prime products yet require prime credit. And as George knows, "fixed" 9.99% APR card products by these companies usually expire fast; usually faster than a typical introductory period APR. To restate what I've said in a previous post:

Epinions.com has an interesting analysis of Fleet:

Their Platinum card is NOT recommended by 85% (!)
    http://www.epinions.com/finc-Credit-Cards-Standard-F-N-Fleet_Platinum_MasterCard

The Titanium card is NOT recommended by 100% (!!!)
    http://www.epinions.com/finc-Credit-Cards-Standard-F-N-Fleet_Bank_-__Titanium

Saar

11. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

My problem is George, I've already got 2 accounts. One is the old classic and the other is the new fusion.

I'd love to combine the credit limits and get the cash rebate fusion instead.

And that reminds me, while we're talking about time limits for applying, if you hit up Cap1 for another credit card (even if ThEY initiated the offer/preapproval) you WILL be denied strictly on policy.
    \
    Instead of a new card, you'll get a nice letter saying you can't have another card because you just applied within 45 days. It will go on to say that your credit report was NOT pulledand only internal recrods were checked.

Just another FYI, because I've jumped the gun on the 45 day period twice on them this year.

Dang me!

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FLEET IS BETTER THAN FIRST USA...I got last FIRST USA card JACKED UP...HAVE TO get rid of balance!!!!
    This is my LAST FIRST USA card to dump...the other card gone months ago...wife's
    BANK ONE/FIRST USA got JACKED TOO...IT'S CLOSED...but NOT paid in full.