To: Greyfox

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jun 7, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hey when you apply for a credit limit increase with Nextcard, let us know what happens. Also, if you use some sort of strategy to get the increase, I would sure like to know about it.

I have noticed a few writers here on the board mention that they got hefty increases in limits but they also seemed to be doing another balance transfer.

I plan to ask for a credit limit increase in a couple of months. I plan to offer a balance transfer if necessary.

Good luck

2. tom65432

tom65432 Well-Known Member

I got my Nextcard in early April and was approved for $4,000 conditioned on me doing an immediate balance transfer. I made my first payment as soon as the bill came, paying more than the minimum.

Then, I asked for a balance increase online, offering to do another balance transfer if they gave me the increase. I got a form email saying no balance increases until 6 months after the account is open. No exceptions.

I am interested in seeing if anyone had a different experience with them.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Tom,

I got my $6500 Nextcard also in early April conditioned on a $3K balance transfer. I made my first payment of $1,400.

I guess my credit limit increase request will be in October - unless I hear otherwise too.

4. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

When I was talking to the supervisor of customer service, I applied for an increase and was denied...however, he seemed to indicate that after my account was open for four months I might be able to get one if I applied for one. My account was opened in March, so I have a ways to go yet. I will post the results here when I try again.

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks greyfox,

I will look for your post(s) on this and obviously others will too.