To Hell with Amex!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Mar 21, 2001.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

I just checked my March statement on the web. They reverted my Blue back to a 12.99 card!

I called and spoke to an supervisor who told me it was reverted because the original rep did something she was not allowed to do.

So then I asked her why my limit was still at 2k even though I have had my account for 1 year. I have never had an increase, and have been denied when I applied for one. She said they don't give out automatic increases and that if since I applied for one and was turned down, there was nothing she could do.

Give me one good reason not to close this piece of s%$t account. It is my lowest limit by far, and I have other accounts with lower aprs!

2. the other

It was one whole billing cycle before they reverted it back to 12.99! and they did not even inform me they were doing so!

3. the other

They even turned me down last month for the fidelity gold card!

4. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

If you don't mind,what's the reason for credit denial ?I applied credit increase online and got approval when I got the card in six months.

5. the other

Their letter was one of the generic ones that didn't list the reason. When I asked Mary (the supervisor I spoke to) she just said "Didn't you get a letter?" She didn't give me the reason.

6. the other

The denial reason for the Amex Fidelity gold debit card was my balance to limit ratio (which is about 50%)

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I am also planning to close my Optima account in two weeks. I have had the
    card for 10 months, $1000 credit limit only. denied for an increase two months ago
    Never late or over limit, paying more than $100 every month. they are not reporting it
    either and I have contacted the credit bureau unit three times.

I am very disappointed with this card!.