To JacquiG.......MBNA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chet, Nov 3, 2000.

1. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Hi!

I read in one of your previous post that you got an MBNA card after your 88 BK. Could you please briefly tell me how long after your BK you got the MBNA card, what you credit looked like up to that point and what type of limit and APR you recieved. And did your BK still appear on CR when you got the MBNA card. I want to apply for a card but am hesitant because of a 92 BK.

thanks in advance JacquiG!

chet

2. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

Hi Chet,

This may not be exact, or brief, but I'll try.

BK was filed in Dec 88, discharged July 89. My MBNA came pre-approved (skeptical, but I went for it) in April 98. I seem to recall my BK was still on my report then. I also had *several* 30-day lates from my car payments from 1990-91, but paid off in 1993. I had active Orchard and FNANB accounts; a second car loan from '93 that was paid off in Oct 97; a new 9-month mortgage; closed Capital One (1 yr) and AmSouth Visa (6+? yrs) accounts, but still being paid off. These were all perfect payments.

The limit was $5K at 16.9%. I really believe I got this card because of my payment history after the BK, and because it was so close to falling off my report anyway.

Hope this helps...let me know if you need more info!

3. Chet

Chet Well-Known Member

Thanks JacquiG!

That info was very helpful.

chet ;0)