To: Jason - Re: Lexington

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Angela, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Angela

Angela Guest

What is your business relationship with Lexington?

I was following Kelly's thread about her disappointment with Lexington. I saw that you offered to help her get a refund.

I am curious because if Junum can't get rid of my chargeoffs, Lexington is my next stop via Carreon & Assoc.

Thanks.

P.S. I read flagirls message and still have an open mind about Lexington.

2. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Angela,

I helped set Lexington Law Firm up over seven years ago. I consult with several law firms that offer credit repair regarding their marketing, operations and client support.

In other words, I have enough pull with Lexington to ensure that someone gets a refund (or to ensure that policies and systems are changed in order to create great client support.)

3. arteagle

arteagle Guest

flagirls

what has flagirls said about lexington. I haven't been able to read her post. what do you know about carreon?

4. Angela

Angela Guest

Search Flagirl on the site.

The post will come up

5. Pat

Pat Guest

so does the Utah state bar

6. jason

jason Well-Known Member

So, what attorney do you prefe

You appear to have a preference.

7. Barry

Barry Guest

RE: flagirls

I have a question....I signed on with Lexington back in June of 2000 it was up front retainer fee $75.00 and $35.00 a month there after. I see that they now have a $75.00 a month service. I must be getting the $35.00 a month service because those of you paying $75.00 dollars seem to have far better results than I'm having. Goes to show you I guess "You get what you pay for".

8. Flagirl

Flagirl Well-Known Member

Barry...

I absolutely think you get what you pay for. From what I know, Lexington has 3 different programs. One is the e-client program (which it seems you are on)- then there's one where you pay a $250 retainer, then $75 a month. That's the one that I'm on. There's one more program, which is a little more expensive, but they do more for you too. I believe Jason mentioned it in one his posts a couple of weeks ago. Being on Lexington's "middle" program (don't know what else to call it), I have had one charge off removed, MANY collection accounts that had been listed and re-listed by other companies that bought the debt, my experian report has been wiped clean of any negatives and my TU and Equifax are getting much better. Still a few more negs to dispute, but I really think that Lexington has done a good job. I don't know if this is true or not, but the people that are on the e-client program don't seem to have as much luck with them.

9. Barry

Barry Guest

RE: Barry...

I think it's really a poor business practice on their part if that's the case. If a person is looking to get help with his/her credit then it should be posted what programs are there and the fee's attached with each. I've written to Lexington asking for a clarification on the fee's and how a person "Upgrades" to finally get to the bottom line of "Receiving help with our credit reports", no matter what the cost, if it can be imporved lets do it. (Still waiting for a reply. Jason has written me offering to look into my case) I'm paying $35.00 a month...and if I new I could receive a better "Service" for more money...I would of gone with whatever offered the bet results.

10. jason

jason Well-Known Member

RE: flagirls

Here's the story behind the fees:

Lexington has, for the last seven years, marketed its services via the telephone in response to prospective client inquiries. The fees were typically $150 the first month and $75 each month thereafter (for a single person.)

About three years ago, Lexington began to offer their services directly via a website without any telephone paralegal to explain the service. This cut the cost of offering credit repair drastically and the fees were reduced to $75 the first month and $35 a month thereafter. This "eClient" service had some drawbacks - clients couldn't call in to their paralegal without additional charges. Over time, these drawbacks were erased as Lexington attorneys decided that they had to offer complete and easy communication, as well as top-notch service even with the cheaper eClient.

So, eClient became every bit as good as the regular $75/month client program. As those changes took place, leadership at Lexington decided that it wasn't good business to ask for more money simply because it was more expensive to market via the telephone. Last fall, all telephone consultations stopped and all such prospective clients were invited to take advantage of eClient.

At the same time, Lexington launched "Lexington Complete," which is a very paralegal/attorney intensive approach to credit repair (and much more effective,) though the price is much greater ($300 first month and $125 each month thereafter, I think.) Lexington Complete hit some systematic hitches in December, so they halted any marketing until they can get the service up to standard. I expect that they will be golden again with Complete by the beginning of February.

So, there you have it - more than you ever wanted to know about Lexington. Basically, there are two services: eClient ($35 month) and Complete ($125/month.) If you're on the old $75/month retainer, I bet you can sneak in and have them put you on eClient or Complete, instead. I would.

Jason

11. Barry

Barry Guest

New Lexington

Jason,

I received a call today from the Lexington rep. and it appears we are now singing on the same sheet of music.

I do thank you for your help and the info you provided.