To: Jason / Re: Lexington

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Jason,

I have enjoyed your posts here regarding Lexington. I am strongly considering becomming a Lexington full service client at this time.

Here is my situation. I only have 2 BK related credit card negatives on my Trans Union report plus the public record of the BK. The California Chap 7 BK was filed in November 1998 and discharged in February 1999.

Please don't think I am asking you to predict the future here but is Lexington likely to get these items removed based on past experience?

I have already disputed the 2 credit card accounts twice thru Junum without success. My own opinion is that BK's and related accounts are the worst items to try and remove.

2. jason

jason Well-Known Member

Jim,

Hmm. I can't speak authoratatively about Junum, but it seems that they're doing a good job. In one scenario, you could just let them continue with credit disputes and, within time, they'll probably be deleted.

I can only see a couple of advantages for you to move to Lexington:

1. Lexington appears to be a little more precise about their disputing. We must honestly face the fact that Junum, charging less, is probably producing a slightly less precise result.

2. Lexington Complete is a great improvement over Junum or Lexington Standard when dealing with such items. However, yours are public record items, for the most part. Lexington Complete is extremely powerful in handling creditor-related negatives (not quite so powerful handling public record items.) What they would probably do for you under Lex Complete is to work several novel dispute techniques - gang disputing, timed disputes, strategic moves etc..

In sum, you're not making a mistake by using Junum right now. If you have plenty of time, stay with them - I don't know if Lexington Standard will be a quantum improvement.

If you're getting anxious to get more going, then retain Lexington Complete. When/if you do, copy my post and give it to whomever is assigned as your Client Advocate. If they have any questions, they can call me and I'll give them some more direction.

In any case, best wishes.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thank you for your detailed answer to my somewhat vague question. I actually will do as you have suggested and use Lexington Complete.

Best regards.