To Jim: re Citibank

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by marci, Mar 14, 2001.

1. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Jim,

I remembered one more thing about Citibank and old accounts.

Please e-mail me at your convenience.

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Marci for offering to share more Citibank info with me. However, my attorney advised me not to contact Citibank as my BK discharged account is still on my credit reports. I know that your situation is much different than mine due to my Bk and the amount of money i discharged.

Keep posting thanks again.

3. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

Jim why did your atty say that

I thought about talking to some of my creditors, such as Nordstrom and Discover, that are still on my credit reports. My credit-repair law firm didn't say anything when I ran it by them. My BK attorney, after making all sorts of promises about helping after discharge, is worthless now. He wouldn't even tell me how to get a copy of my Chapter 7 filing.

4. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

Re: Jim why did your atty say

Contact the court clerk where the bankruptcy was filed, they wil provide you a copy for a small fee. In addition, if your attorney did not provide this and is refusing to do so now, even if discharged, I would contact the state Bar Association and file a complaint.

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Okay, Jim. I don't have a BK, so I can understand that
    it can be a whole different ball-game.

Hope things go well for you.

Marci

6. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Well-Known Member

My attorney says he can't find the papers. (He just moved his office.) Still, when I call with questions, he never has answers. I'll try to get them from the court.