To Jim re: Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, May 2, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Jim,
    I saw that you're nearing the end of your Junum days. So am I. Round 2 disputes is wrapping up. My question to you is, did they finally get that last thing off? And if not, what's the next step for you?

As you know, I had a foreclosure on my report that I was trying to get removed and it came back verified for TU and Experian. Will you be pulling out the big guns (ie. Lexington)?

Please let me know and keep me informed...I MUST get these reports cleaned, for my physical health...LOL

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Shantel!!!

I am sorry that the foreclosure did not come off. I remember that when we spoke at Creditmania that you really wanted to get rid of it. Each of us is so credit unique that let me update you. Junum has removed in the first 2 rounds:

One (1) Foreclosure each from 2 CRA's. The foreclosure never got recorded into the 3rd CRA. So today there is no evidence I ever had a foreclosure.

One (1) "Lost or Stolen card" from 1 CRA. It would have eventually come off but Junum got it off early.

Ten (10) BK discharged credit card accounts from 3 CRA's. The breakdown was as follows - 4 from TU, 3 from EQ, 3 from EX.

A TOTAL OF 13 NEGATIVE ENTRIES REMOVED FROM THE 3 REPORTS.

On round 3 with Junum, I got back my results from TU and EQ. No further deletions. I have not got back my EX report yet. Junum disputed on March 13. I refuse to call EX because I do not want to call attention to myself. I have requested a copy of my credit file thru Credentials of which I have been a member for 3 years, so I should see a report in a week or so.

I will contact Junum by phone and discuss strategy with them when I have the EX report in hand. I may drop them in May. At the low fee they charge, I am not anxious to drop them.

All that is left on my reports is:

3 BK discharged credit card items each on EX and EQ. 2 on TU. By some miracle the public record of the BK only seems to have been picked up on Equifax. I am going prime now. If you read my posts here, I was extended $8500 in unsecured credit in April.

Last Sunday, I chatted with Kelly about Lex and heard another bad report. So the jury is out on Lex in my mind.

Shantel, do you have any suggestions for me? BTW, Shyguy posted that Bradley Ross was having a lot of trouble removing items from his reports too.

3. Shantel

Jim,
    Sorry for getting back to you late. Truth is, I have NO idea what you can do next. I know Junum did a great job for you...and on my EQ, they did a HELL of a job.

TU and EXP are being really stubborn. I was trying to buy a car this summer and that's why I was sort of eager to get rid of these negatives. I have been doing well the last 2 to 3 years. No lates, nothing.

Man...we might have to put our heads together on this one.....want to chat in Yahoo chat on Sunday? Let me know.

Shantel

4. Shantel

Oh yeah Jim...about a week ago, you asked me why I applied for Discover. Yes, I applied because of the CRA they pull and for the balance transfer.

Consequently, I called Discover and my online app didn't go through...they had no record. The CSR asked if I wanted to apply over the phone and I thought...nah, but I did. I know I won't get it because I applied for Watch-over-ya (Wachovia) and they sent me a denial. Funny, their reason codes were the SAME reason codes Equifax gave me for what's keeping my score down. FICO wasn't bad (649 or so) but my limit-to-balance ratios are awful.

I have my CapOne and my Providian MC down to about 30%. I'll have my Retailers down in a month or so (thanks in part to a $200 line increase).

I'm dumping major cash onto Sears (I bought some things and my no interest, no payments will be up 8/30), so I definately have to get rid of that. :)

Anyhow, that's why I applied for Discover. I've used everyone that used Equifax up. I'll apply for Amex Green later this year (Oct or so) and see if I can slide in there. My FICO should be up there again...if I stop applying for credit. Funny, I don't really WANT new credit per se, I just want lower APRs to transfer my higher ones to.

5. cream

cream Active Member

Hi Shantel. I saw you mention that you've been applying to creditors that use Equifax. That's my best report also. Who did you find that uses Equifax
    and in what city do you live? I'm in Vegas and it seems alot of creditors use TU. Thanks for any advice you can offer!

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Shantel,

Thanks for all the comments.

I like the Creditmania chat on Sunday evening rather than the Yahoo chat. I will be in the Creditmania chat room from 9:00 EDT to 10:00 EDT. Usually the Creditmania crowd migrates to Yahoo later in the evening. Too late for me. So stop if you like and we can chat.

Good luck on the car purchase.

Jim

7. Shantel

I'm in NC so it's pretty much Equifax country. But I found the following to use Equifax:

BofA - Mastercard....And I quote, MASTERCARD, Not Visa (they use TU)
    Wachovia
    Amex
    Wells Fargo
    Discover
    Citibank
    Household

That's what I have so far...I'll let you know when my Equifax rpt comes again...

I'll try to chat with you on Sunday...