To Jim

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jan 24, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Jim:

I know you're using Junum...have you gotten any of those "we know you're using a credit repair company and you're going to jail" letters from any of the CRA? If you do, could you PLEASE let me (us) know? As you know, I just started Junum and I'm hoping to get something out of them before I get tagged for soliciting the help of a 3rd party.

P.S. Since WHEN did getting help from a 3rd party mean it's illegitimate? I was in CCCS and they were handling my business with my John Hancock.

2. jamie

jamie Well-Known Member

As I have said before CRA's are not the federal government. They are just trying to scare everyone into thinking they are. I love how they don't question what creditors put in our files, mistakes or otherwise, but when we start complaining about our own files they intimidate us into thinking we are breaking the law. You cannot go to jail by chalenging information put in your file. And it is not unlawful to hire someone to help you deal with them. You do sign a power of attorney don't you. That gives them the right to act in your behalf. Gosh, if you sign a health care proxy, it gives someone else the right to pull the plug on you. Remember, they don't make any money off us, but they do off the people who put the information there.

3. Angela

Angela Guest

Junum

My boyfriend is a lawyer. He says the CRA's can't do diddly to you for trying to clean your credit. I just got a letter from TU saying they are reviewing the disputes Junum sent for me. that is the only mail I got from the CRA's so far.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Shantel

No, I have not received any of those letters. When I speed read the messages about the letter, it was not clear to me what the CRA was trying to tell MP$40. I think everyone was confused. I know that I am not the least bit concerned about the possible "threats" from the CRA's. Threats may be too stong of a word here as there really is nothing they can do to you for disputing except verify and refuse to delete items. They know it and we all know it.

Now let's do the math.

Each CRA has 200 million people in their files x an average of 8 accounts x 12 reporting periods (month) per year. This means that each CRA has to compile 20 BILLION items of credit information on Americans per year. Then add the judgements, BK's, foreclosures, liens etc. and I am sure that you will agree that the credit files of say a Shantel or Jim are not of enough consequence for the CRA's to be seeking legal action against us for disputing a few items.

Good luck with Junum.

P.S. I plan to try Lexington in 6 months for the stuff Junum can't delete including the 1 item I mentioned to you where I said the wrong thing to the CRA and it got verified.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

AS I SAID BEFORE...credit reporting agencies answer to nobody, so they don't care.

They make no money off you...

You cost them money when you dispute the mistakes they put on your report...