To Jim

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, May 18, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Jim,

I'm doing well. Just a quick update on my credit situation:

My EQF report is....make that WAS clean as a whistle. A collection account was re-inserted. When I went to Equifax in March, my FICO was 642. I went 2 days ago, it was 651 WITH the collection showing. I was totally bummed because I can't imagine what it would be if that darn thing didn't resurface. I still have a lot of inquiries that EQF is being a bum about. I'm researching a lot of things to find out HOW I can get rid of them.

My TU...they are not being very cooperative. Junum has managed to get off a few things but they sent out 2 disputes last month. I'm waiting on results from round 2 now.

Experian...I hate them. They keep verifying info. I got my full report online (and that's ticking me off also because I shouldn't have to pay...they should send a new report when there are corrections/deletions) and it didn't look a whole lot different. For round 2, Junum disputed something/somethings that they had disputed before and Experian said they would not reinvestigate. I still have to call Junum on that...but I'll handle that when I get my TU results from round 2.

On a side note, my Providian MC CL went from $1000 to $1100 to $2600 in the course of a month. Go figure. I guess Planetfeedback did some good.

My Retailers account...the one that had been reporting my account 60-days past due for 13 months...they FINALLY came through. They deleted all my previous derogs and now the account is listed in the "Good Standing" section. That's been a HARD battle.

I had the same problem with Best Buy...still reporting that I was in CCCS, after they'd been paid off for over a year. They not only removed the notation, but they removed the derogs also. Coolness!

I'm going to hang with Junum for one more round with Experian and TU. They can't do anything else for Equifax (except for re-insertions, that they WILL be hearing about that!).

If Junum can't get rid of that foreclosure...I'll be heading to Lexington. I have a few more months until I go car shopping (unless the Feds drop rates again in June then all bets are off).

So...that's how I am doing. Thanks for asking!

2. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Shantel,

It's great that you are making progress despite a few setbacks. I will make a decision about Junum in 8 - 10 days when I see my EX report. I'll probably drop them as I think they have done about all they can do for me. I have no regrets about using Junum. But getting a few BK discharged items off my reports is hard once they have been verified.

What kind of car are you thinking of buying? Can you get a credit union loan? My experience has been that buying a car is actually easier than getting prime credit cards.

Thanks for the update.

3. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Yes Jim...I'm with a credit union and my plan is to go to them and see what they can do for me. I'm going for the Acura MDX...love that SUV. I have back up cars also.

I don't really have any money down...my CU also has leases available with no money down. I just hope they pull Equifax (please let them pull Equifax). It's a regional CU with only 2 branches here in NC so it seems logical but you know how much logic plays into this of this matter. NOT AT ALL.

Let me know what you decide to do post-Junum.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Shantel,

I have posted here before regarding the 1996 Acura Rl that my ex-wife insisted on leasing. The Acura's are very well built vehicles and they never really caught on with the public like say Lexis. Therefore, Honda finance is one of the most competitive lenders. Despite your credit problems, get a quote from Honda finance when you buy. You might be surprised and find that they have cut rate financing at 2 or 3% instead of 7%. Normally, the Acura's don'y move without loan subsidy's from the parent company.

The SUV market is a buyer controlled market. Check out Ford. You might find a better deal. Next year, I will trade my Explorer in early and get something else. I don't know what make or model yet.

Good luck

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

-----------------------------------------------------
    The SUV market is a buyer controlled market.
    -------------------------------------------------------

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN IN ENGLISH?

Does it mean...nobody is buying SUV's so you can get really low percentage rate, and maybe $1,000's OFF the price?

6. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

You got it GEORGE. Buyer is king.

Among the reasons:

I paid $2.00 per gallon for regular gas today.