To: john Shimmer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by marci, Feb 8, 2001.

1. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Thanks again for your millcbs.com site. I was able to research the most common CRA a particular creditor accessed, and when I applied for the card and was approved, I found that they did indeed access the same bureau for me. And, yes, I immediately added my inquiry to your database.

Thanks for your hard work!

Marci

2. marci

marci Well-Known Member

I thought of one addition to your site. Is there a way that you could add a search engine for the CRA and have a list of how many times a certain creditor accessed it?

That way if a person has one CRA that he or she is willing to take an inquiry hit on, then the person can see which companies have used that CRA the most.

:)

3. John Shimm

John Shimm Guest

You are quite welcome! Glad we could help out.

John
    http://www.millcbs.com
    Home of the Ultimate Creditor/CRA List

4. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

RE: To Marci, Do tell

What'd ya get? Curiosity is getting the better of me.

Donna

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Ok, Donna...

You broke me. I was intrigued about this Target reputation as an easy card, and I also needed to add another retail account to strengthen my "mix", so I went for it.

I knew they'd check Experian (thanks to John's site) and Experian had just completed all that I had asked them to. My credit limit isn't stellar, but that's okay because I only plan to use the card rarely for minor purchases (enough to keep the account "active").

I haven't worked up the nerve for Chase yet.

:)

6. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

That's great, Marci. Congratulations!

If I had applied for a Target card, I would have been declined, I'm sure. Also, if Chase had checked Experian, I'm sure I would have been denied.

I'm glad to know that Experian has been willing to cooperate with you. For me, getting them to budge is more difficult than moving a mountain!

Yeah, Equifax can drive me nuts, but Experian is worse!

Anyway, I'm glad you got the card and thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

Keep up the good work.

Donna

7. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Yeah,

With Experian I got that "I'm about to sue the heck outta y'all" tone of voice. That's when the reps started giving me alternatives to normal disputes.

Thanks for your support!