To: Leo Re: Creditexpert

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jun 30, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

On another thread you discussed checking on the status of a dispute done via Creditexpert. You said to use the Report Number.

Does that have to be the original report number from the day of the dispute?

Yesterday, I tried to check on a disputed item using yesterday's report number. I got a message that said that the matter is in process and something to the effect that no other info is available at this time. What I am wondering is if I would have received a more complete message if I had used the original report number that I disputed on.

Jim

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

yes it has to be the same report you used to dispute the inquiry.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks Leo,

This is a case of "live and learn" for me. I'll have to locate that original report number and use it.

What type of info did you get back when you checked a dispute?

Thanks - Jim

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Just stated the date the dispute(s) where entered and when they would have an answer. ( 30 days )

Lets hope they don't do any fake verifications.

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Acknowledging the dispute date and that an answer will be available in 30 days is great. The snail mail method has never resulted in a 30 day turnaround for me.

I want to dispute some more via Creditexpert, but I am going to do it 2 weeks after my original dispute unless I get results early. I expect EX will take the 30 days. I am glad you got the 48 hour turnaround but I thought that results like that would not last or that it was a fluke.

Jim