TO:LIZARDKING - confirmation?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I just wanted to make sure the next steps I am taking are correct. I have just finished composing a total of 24 or so letters, both addressed to the original creditors and collection agencies. I plan on sending all these out and getting inadequate responses. Then I will send your 60 day letter, then wait another 30 days - then send the 90 days. I am sending the letters all CERTIFIED 1st Class to have proof of the date I sent them.

I am also sending the letters to all variations of addresses I have found - for example, the same creditor/CA has different addreses listed on all 3 of my reports! So I am going to send to all 3 addresses, the same letter demanding validation. That way, I can use each for each individual case come lawsuit time when suing the 3 bureaus.

Thus, while these 24+ letters are going out: I am also sending out dispute letters to the CRA saying "NOT MINE", "NOT ACCURATE" and also taking off all DUPLICATES on there.. ie: Creditor XYZ sold to ZZZ Collection sold to YYY Collection, etc.

I have searched through all the messages, but haven't been able to find a sample of your letters to the CRA. Do you have any of those? From the 30 day, 60 day, and the final BEFORE LAWSUIT letter? If so, could you please post those as replies to this message?

Also, can you confirm the process I am about to undergo? My goal is to have my credit completely spankin' clean by 6 months. I look at you as my role model! Thanks LizardKing!! =)

2. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Re: TO:LIZARDKING - confirmati

To clarify, I have the sample letters you sent to the creditors/CA's for the 30,60,90 days - the ones I am wondering about are the ones you sent to the big 3 CRA? Thanks again..

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Ender,

Sounds like a plan. But no need at all to contact the same creditor/CA in 3 different addresses. Just call them and say you want their STREET address. If they inquire why, say something original (like you intend to overnight them a money order and FedEx won't ship to a PO Box :))

Also, since you have 2-4 accounts w/ each collection agency, I think it would be wise to space sending your validation letters (say, send 1 every 10 days). If you send them all 4 at once and they see they have 4 collection files on the line, they might try to make the extra effort and validate.

Saar

4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Saar: Thanks for the suggestions.. however, I only have 1 CA that has 3 of the debts - NCO. They are the ones that send me and bill me the consolidated amount so I figure it would be easier just to dispute all of them at once anyway.

Lizardking - I also had one more question - I am sending these 24+ letters out tomorrow and while I was scanning some old msgs such as:
    http://consumers.creditnet.com/phorum/read.php?f=1&i=40524&t=40499

I noticed you mentioned that you had 20+ return receipts. Do you think it's necessary for me to get return receipts for these? I figure I'll send these CERTIFIED 1st Class for now, and send the 3rd set (90 day) return receipt requested so my funds don't run out too quick! I figure 25 * $3.25 plus everything else will near $100 or so.. anyhow, please let me know what ya think.. thanks!

5. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

Lizardking...!

Could you please post your sample letters, if you have them, for the 30,60,90 days that WOULDN'T go to a collector or the CRA's but to the orginial creditor.

I am still up in the air when it comes to a follow up letter(s). I don't wish to word anything wrong that could cause a negative effect..!!!

6. F.F.M

F.F.M Guest

30, 60, 90 Day letter....????

Could someone please post your/a sample letter, if you have them, for the 30,60,90 days that WOULDN'T go to a collector or the CRA's but to the orginial creditor.

I am not sure if the other letters I have seen, validation letters = LK, posted would apply to the orginial creditor???

I am still up in the air when it comes to a follow up letter(s). I don't wish to word anything wrong that could cause a negative effect..!!!