To: LKH / Re: Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Mar 23, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

LKH, Junum told me they disputed my credit reports for the 3rd time on 3-13. Today, I got a letter from Trans Union saying they have received my disputes on 3-17. TU also daid that I should contact them after May 1, if I have not heard from them.

This letter just reinforces my earlier conclusions. These conclusions are:

1. Junum is disputing as soon as they receive your reports.

2. The purpose of the letter is not to let us know that they are dilligently working on our disputes but to invoke the 45 day rule. Under the law they have 45 days now from 3-17 to repond.

I know we have discussed this before but I thought it would interest you.

2. Paul

Paul Guest

Jim,

Could you point to the law in the FCRA that enables them to gain 45 days to dispute by simply sending out a letter? I believe their window is still 30 days, per section 611 of the FCRA.. Here is the text dealing with limitations.. I've also included a link to the entire text of section 611.

Paul

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(a) Reinvestigations of disputed information.

(1) Reinvestigation required.

(A) In general. If the completeness or accuracy of any item of information contained in a consumer's file at a consumer reporting agency is disputed by the consumer and the consumer notifies the agency directly of such dispute, the agency shall reinvestigate free of charge and record the current status of the disputed information, or delete the item from the file in accordance with paragraph (5), before the end of the 30-day period beginning on the date on which the agency receives the notice of the dispute from the consumer.

(B) Extension of period to reinvestigate. Except as provided in subparagraph (C), the 30-day period described in subparagraph (A) may be extended for not more than 15 additional days if the consumer reporting agency receives information from the consumer during that 30-day period that is relevant to the reinvestigation.

(C) Limitations on extension of period to reinvestigate. Subparagraph (B) shall not apply to any reinvestigation in which, during the 30-day period described in subparagraph (A), the information that is the subject of the reinvestigation is found to be inaccurate or incomplete or the consumer reporting agency determines that the information cannot be verified.

FULL TEXT

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra.htm#611

3. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Thanks Jim. Did the other cra's send you a letter on the previous rounds? I ask because as you know I received my updated TU report almost 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard a thing from equifax or experian. Yesterday was exactly 30 days from the day Junum sent out my disputes. I don't underestand how TU can delete everything in less than 2 weeks but the others can't do it in 4.

4. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Re: To: LKH / Re: Junum
    Author: LKH (---.tcsn.uswest.net)
    Date: 03-23-01 19:26

Thanks Jim. Did the other cra's send you a letter on the previous rounds? I ask because as you know I received my updated TU report almost 2 weeks ago and I haven't heard a thing from equifax or experian. Yesterday was exactly 30 days from the day Junum sent out my disputes. I don't underestand how TU can delete everything in less than 2 weeks but the others can't do it in 4.===============
    ==============================
    They don't make money on disputes so they put them on the back burner while they work on the stuff where the money is!
    Cut the time for correcting disputes from 30 to 15 days & increase the amount that you can sue them from 1000 to 1500 dollars and whatch how fast disputes move from the back to the front burner because now you have made it more cost effective to take care of disputes first then do the other things!