To: Marie - Re: Nordstrom

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Marie,

You will love this.Nordstrom has a policy of granting credit to customers with a prior BK over 2 years old as long as your payment history since then is perfect and you have established at least 1 account that is 2 years old. I am going by memory here. I documented my Nordstrom experience in Feb 2001.

Do not apply at there website. Call the local store and ask for the credit number. Call and explain your situation. Have the girl take your app. over the phone. If you are at 21 months, you are borderline. Shyguy called and was told 18-24 months post BK. Sweet talk the rep. Don't concern yourself about the limit. This is a high priced store. They will decide.

Good luck.

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

thanks for the info :) In Sept I hit the 2 year mark so I'll wait to apply for anything. Oh self control.

I just called Cap1 to ask how many of their cards I could get... I went to Kmart today at lunch to buy some tapes for my brother and they were soliciting for credit apps...

Cap1 said as many as you qualify for. Interesting. Since I'm pretty good at negotiating with them I think later this year I'll get another Cap1 too. Good terms and I'll work their credit line up.