To: Marie Re: Target reporting

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

It took me a week but I spoke to a Target credit rep over the telephone today. I explained that I had seen my EX report and that the credit limit was not reporting. Just the high balance is shown. I gave him a reason why I need to have the credit limit shown.

The rep was very efficient and said that he would have letters sent out today to all 3 CRA's asking that my credit limit be shown. I accepted his offer and thanked him.

I also privately thought that it was interesting that he is sending letters to all 3 CRA's not just EX.

Best wishes - Jim

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

thanks for the info. I just called them because only 1 credit report is showing this account. They told me they normally don't report until 6 months of activity. And they declined sending a letter for me.

Right now, I'll use my statement and see what happens. I'll push it later... too busy right now.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

As you said you are busy right now and your account is a little newer than mine.

However, because your rep did not suggest writing a letter, makes me concerned that while I was told that letters would be sent - Have they actually gone out in the mail? Who knows.

At least my Target statement does show the credit limit in case I need to dispute later on anyway.

Jim