To: Marie - Re: your questions

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Mar 7, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Junum attacked the public record of the BK on 2 reports (TU and Equifax). The BK came back verified. On Experian I don't see a public record listed and Junum did not attack anything. I honestly don't know if Experian picked up the public record. This is one reason, I am going to tread carefully on my 3rd round of disputes thru Junum.

Re: My 639 credit score in May 2000. It dropped like a rock by February 2001 to 574. Thes reasons as I outlined in some prior posts are:

Too much new credit awarded to me. I ran up a 2,900 bill on Capital One to show my limit. Too many inquiries.

I am on the credit wagon now. I will pay Capital One off this week. I am letting the credit age.

I have never been late or missed a payment on any account since 1998.

2. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

Re: To: Marie - Re: your quest

Thanks. Just wondering. I've artificially lowered my scores this month too b/c of balances/ inquiries. Finally applied for a bit more credit this year: got a Target yesterday.

I'm aging and paying down for the next 6 months. then I'm going for installment loans.
    Funny, I know my scores are low right now but it should be higher after balances decrease and accounts age. I have 4 new accounts in the last 2 months.