To Miles and Others for Help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Frank, Apr 4, 2001.

1. Frank

Frank Guest

To Miles, Maria, SAAR and Others who can help me with advice on how to keep building credit with the right debt to limit ratio on my cards, and also raise my 582 FICO. I don't have any plan at the moment. Here's what I have in credit:

Cards and limits: Providian Visa Classic ($5500), Aria Portrait ($2000), FCNB Unsecured (2500), and Orchard (700).

My BK, chapter 7, filed in April 1999, discharched in August 1999.

I hope you all will respond and give me your advice for the above.

2. numnuts20

numnuts20 Well-Known Member

3. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: To Miles and Others for He

I agree with Lizardking. You are doing great right now. You have good cards with good limits. Use them responsibly. Pay on time, and try to keep your balance to limit ratio low. You have a good mix of cards, especially with your Dillard's dept. store now. FICO suggests it is optimal to have one dept. store card. The only other thing you can do is continue to dispute negatives if you need to. Also, don't go overboard with inquiries. They affect your score. I know it is exciting to receive new cards, but it will work against you if you apply too many times. Over time, your score will contine to rise as long as you receive no new negatives. You're doing a great job!!! Good luck!

4. Frank

Frank Guest

Thank you so much!

5. miles

miles Well-Known Member

You are very welcome!