To: Molly Re: Auto

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, May 7, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Did you get your new car? It appeared that you were leasing a new Honda or Acura. You may recall that my ex-wife leased an Acura RL in 1996 thru Honda Finance.

What terms did you get?

Best wishes - Jim

2. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I got a honda. I don't have the paperwork with me so I don't know the details. I am so happy that I got it without a hassel. I am leasing it for 4 years but can get out of it in 3, if I want. By then I'll have perfect credit and will be out of school and then can afford a bmw or mercedes. But I really like it.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I think you made a really good choice getting the Honda instead of the Eclipse.

4. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

Molly:

How was your credit? I'm looking into a Honda (gas prices are killing me).

Score(s)? Which report(s) did they pull?

Any help would be appreciated..

Thanks

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

They pulled Experian for me. I am leasing, the dealer said it's harder to lease than finance (I don't know if that is true or not). I have two negatives on Experian. One is going to fall off in Jan 2002 and the other in June 2004. I have about 11 positive items, three are sl that were opened in 1992/1993. The others are more recent-1997-2001. I don't know my score but Trans Union only has the one negative item which will fall off in 2004 and that score was 651 in March of this year and Equifax has three negatives and it was 641 in March. Hope this helps.
    Ps My bad credit wasn't even a issue. if I financed I was going to get 7.9% at Honda and Mitsubushi was going to give me 7.4%. I know thats not the greatest but considering the negatives and all my hard work with cleaning up my credit, I was ok with that.

The dealer also said leasing looks better on your reports and after 6 months of payments my scores will be close to 700. Again, I don't know if that is true or not. I know they lie a lot. But what counts is I got the car without any trouble and on my own.

6. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I got an Eclipse 2001, no down payment, no payment till 7/01 and no interest till 7/01. I got in November, not a great car, but a great deal.

www.creditsense.com