To Momof3

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Apr 16, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Hey Momof3...mother2 coming at you with some more questions..;o)

I was looking around and came across a realtor at a open house who stated that there will be a new subdivision coming soon...sometime around August. I was wondering if you know the process of new subsdivision. How to choose my lot and/or plan? Also I found out that the builder usually pays all closing costs. So all I would need is a down payment...(I have some saved but not much).

I am not purchasing anything or applying for credit. I'm on the wagon until I get a mortgage. My score has not changed yet....still 579. I am planning to pay off both credit cards and maybe that will increase it to 600. I was told 600 is the minimum to qualify for a mortgage. I'm sure you can tell I'm a little excited but nervous. HELP! Tell me what I need to do. I need to be ready by August so I can be amoung the many who will pick and choose layouts in the new subdivision.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

NOT Momof3 BUT, FREE IMPUT ANYWAY...

There are special F.H.A. financing offers...

First time home buyers financing...

20% interest "kickback" on federal taxes in some states...COLORADO is one of them...(you have to apply and qualify)...

3. kim

kim Well-Known Member

More free input ~

Things to think about when picking a lot.

Where is the retention pond (for runoff water, swamp if you ask me)?

Which direction does the sun rise and set, in case you like sun in the kitchen in the morning?

What kind on house will be on the lots next door, will there dining room window look into your bathroom window, etc.?

How is the land slope, what type of yard do you have?

Where are the public utility right of ways?

How much traffic will drive past your house?

The list goes on and on, it's really all a matter of what you can put up with.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DRIVEWAY...NOT NORTH FACING IF SNOWING...NEVER MELTS!!!

5. mother2

Wow....so much to consider

I never thought of these things. I just figured by a lot and be done with it. Goes on to show how much I KNOW. :eek:(

I'm glad I have brothers and sisters like you to keep me above float. ;o)

6. unknown

unknown Guest

Re: Wow....so much to consider

this is gay

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHAT???

GO BACK TO CLASS!!!

8. mother2

Re: WHAT???

Thanks George, when I saw the post and looked at IP address, I knew it was a student of some sort. ;o)

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: WHAT???

K12=SCHOOL
    MO=MISSOURI
    CALHOON=SCHOOL NAME

Calhoun Elementary School
    660-694-3422
    409 S College St
    Calhoun, MO

10. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MOTHER2

Are you going to call, or should I???

11. mother2

Re: MOTHER2

Mercy, how did you find out all of that. Boy, you're fast. You would make an Outstanding Pvt Detective, if you're not already. Too bad I didn't know you 6 yrs ago (during my divorce) ;o)

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

My kids tought me...

They charged me per question...so I had to have a good memory!!!

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WISH THEY TOUGHT TO SPELL...

CALHOUN=SCHOOL NAME

14. mother2

No problem. Parents are allowed to mispell here and there. We've earned that right. ;o)

15. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Others have given you great advice, I don't really know much about this at all, but your are right most of the time you can get the builders to pay closing. You also can still get FHA and all the first time buyer programs that are out there.

I know how excited you are, we plan to do this shortly ourselves and I am quite excited/nervous about the whole thing.

Mom