to: MP$40 re: SAFEWAY again..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, May 23, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Hi, I am going to send the second validation letter tomorrow certified RR requested. I was wondering, how long did it take before they responded? How did they respond? Did they just remove it from the CR's and you noticed it or did they actually send you a letter to confirm this?

I am basically wondering time frame and what actions they took.. thanks and I hope to have the same success you did. I modified your 2nd letter a little bit as well..

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Just saw your post...

I mailed my first validation letter and they did not respond. Then 120? days later (I slacked off and forgot to follow up) I sent a second validation letter. Still no response. So (not sure how long later...I'm at work and don't have the info in front of me) I called the agency and found out that the debt was canceled! I immediately called and disputed the accounts w/ the CRA's and they removed them.

3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Are you saying you just did this recently? Meaning you received no response after the 2nd letter - and today, you called and found they had deletd everything and so you called the CRA?

4. Cadillac408

I'll give you exact dates when I get home. This was not recent. I got it deleted from CRAs like a month or so ago.

5. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Okay, I think I follow you now.. I remember when you gave me the sample first letter and told me they probably won't respond and you emailed me the second letter. I jsut sent the second letter today and was wondering what type of turnaround I should expect on that. If there is a turn around that is..

I made my letter really threatening and put in BOLD and CAPS and UNDERLINE at the top of the LAST LETTER BEFORE LAWSUIT IS FILED.

Anyhow, moreso not expect a reply back I guess.. so what I will do is probably end up waiting 30 days, then call them like you did.. but let me know - thanks again..

6. Cadillac408

You did the right thing. I don't know about the threatening lawsuit in bold, caps, etc. but they probably won't respond anyway. So then your next step is to call in like 30+ days and check the status and see where they are at. Be sure to caller ID block your number by dialing *67 before you dial the number. No sense in them having your phone number.

You also must remember that my situation is a little different than yours. I honestly didn't write the checks, my ex did. So I don't know if that's why they canceled the debt or if they couldn't get info from Safeway directly. I didn't bother asking why. I just heard "this debt has been canceled" and "an update to the CRAs should be in progress" and I hung up and immediately contacted the CRAs and filed disputes.