to: MP$40 re: Safeway

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ender, Apr 12, 2001.

1. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I am sending out my letters early tomorrow to dispute the Safeway checks. How did those letters work out for you? I am curious as to the results you had obtained using those.. thanks..

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I can email you copies of the letters that I used. I had to send 2 validation letters before they canceled the debt. One day I decided to call and see what was going on (no response from the second letter)and that's when I was told that the debt was canceled! I guess they gave up...maybe they couldn't get verification from Safeway (i.e. copies of checks) because the debt was from 9-97. Or...maybe they did get copies of the checks and they didn't have my signature on them like I tried to tell them???

They also stated that they would notify the CRA's and remove the accounts. Junum got them removed from TU and Equifax but they are still on Experian so instead of wasting money by having Junum dispute, I called Experian when I got my updated report from my last round w/ Junum and did a dispute over the phone. I told Experian that the debt was canceled and that the agency stated that they would remove from my reports. I sent a letter to junum with my updated reports requesting that they not dispute these entries. I'm sure when the Experian disputes get to them, the just won't verify it.

3. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

I am using the first letter you posted before and will be sending that out tomorrow. I would like to see the other letter that you sent as well.. thanks again!

ender510@yahoo.com

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I will send the second letter I wrote.