To: Nave and others in the

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mother2, Apr 16, 2001.

1. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Junum family. I just received my notification from TU. They received my disputes on the 4 of April. So does this mean I should receive my updates by the 4th of May? I guess that WILL make it a little under 60 days.

2. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Did they give you a date in the letter?

3. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I don't remember

I'll check tonight and let you know.

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

To: Mother2

No it does not. TU will request verification from the lenders you are disputing. Those lenders have 30 days to respond. Then TU will notify you.

That was the "bad" news. LOL

The reality is that the answers to your disputes could be completed much earlier depending on what you are disputing.

In my disputing via Junum, I have never looked on an early response as desirable. Early responses are often negative.

Good luck.

5. Marypc

Marypc Well-Known Member

Re: To: Mother2

I agree with Jim, usually when it takes a while to get a response,or they take the full 30 days, it has meant for me that they were waiting for verification from the creditor, which never came. If I get an early response, it has always been because the creditor verified whatever I was trying to dispute. At least that has been my personal experience.

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: To: Mother2

Actually, my TU confirmation had a date of dispute receipt as well as a date of completion for the dispute process...Experian just had date of receipt, and as I said before all I got from Equifax is a rock!

-Dave