To: Nave Re: Junum

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

I enjoyed the chat with everybody last night. Congrats on joining Junum!

Nave on another thread a couple of things came up that I would like to address:

1. I always forward the credit reports to Junum and keep the COPY for my records. The reason is that they get paid from what is on the report and while it may sound silly, I never wanted to slow the process down by giving Junum the chance to debate with me the validity of a copy. Also, when they receive the reports they will scan them on to the Junum website for you and them to see. The copies may not scan as well.

2. I send all my reports at once in one large envelope. I provide the envelope. I only live a few miles from the Junum address, so mail delivery takes one day. LKH sent his reports via overnight mail for a charge of $12 or $13 as he lives in another state. In the past, Junum provided an envelope. They don't now.

3. Timing - Round 1 took 87 days from the date I joined to when I received the last updated CRA report. Round 2 took 61 days. My estimation is that Round 3 will take 45 to 60 days. Round 1 takes longer for obvious reasons.

Good luck

2. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

Junum!

Hi Jim,

I also just signed up with Junum last Friday and send out the original Credit Report by Priority Mail on Saturday. Today I checked my account on www.junum.com. It's said they have received my credit report and sent out the dispute already. Can you believe it?

I also have some problem to log in after that.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: Junum!

Congrats!!

What a coincidence. I mailed my disputes the previous Saturday. Junum had them scanned and disputed on Tuesday the 13th. On round 1 and 2 they were not that quick. They have become so efficient that we had better not get spoiled.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Jim,
    Thanks for the info. I am sure that I will have more questions as time goes on but you have helped me a great deal. I would not have joined last night if not for your encouragement on their success.

Anyway, I received all 3 reports today Monday (all 3 about 1 week from request). They will all be overnighted to Junum since they are in CA and I am in DC. I will take your advice and send the originals and keep copies.

I had a great time Sunday and will be sure to see you all there next week for the "credit coffee clutch". Once again thanks for all the helpful information.

BTW have you begun round 3? Wondering if you were able to communicate your specific dispute prefrences as you mentioned.

-Dave

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hi Nave. The Sunday evening chat is so established that I will not even be putting it on the board a day or so in advance anymore. Not that I was incharge anyway but I wanted new people to be aware of it.

Round 3 began for me on 3-10 when I mailed the updated reports to Junum. Scanned and disputed on 3-13. yes I requested that Junum dispute some new minor stuff and NOT dispute the remaining 8 negative items ( as in 2 on TU, 3 each on Experian and Equifax). These items have been disputed twice now. I fell that if Junum or anybody disputes again this soon then my disputes will look frivolous. The 8 will get disputed again later on when I have a strategy.

Last night, I was very disappointed to hear that Kelly had fired Lex. Her problems with them were openly discussed on the board and according to her Lex was to try one more time to provide service. I may yet use Lex at a later time or Bradley Ross. You should ask "shyguy" how Bradley Ross is doing for him. I believe they are $50 a month + deletions.

6. N'awlins

N'awlins Guest

How about reports you get from equifax and experian online. Can you send those too?

7. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I sent my equifax report that I got online and had no problems. I also joined because of the success Jim had. I'm glad I did. I joined approximately Feb. 15. I overnighted my reports to them on about the 22nd and they sent out disputes the same day they received them. Last Tuesday I got my updated TU report and all 8 negatives that I had on there were deleted. 2 of them were charge offs. I called Junum today about those. My concern was that in 2-3 months they may reappear. I was told usually not as if it is re-reported the credit bureaus will see that it was disputed and not enter it. I haven't received updated Equifax or Experian reports yet but will post results as soon as I get them. Junum also told me it usually takes 45-60 from the time they dispute to the time you get an updated report.

8. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

That 45-60 day time period is a problem with me. I recently joined Junum, was a little shocked to find that the credit bureau addresses they have listed on the website don't match the CRA website addresses for requesting a report. I inquired with them by email over this and was told the addresses are taken from the website...I felt as if I was being called a liar, as the addresses do not match.

45-60 days is extreme in my opinion. I have disputed items myself and had some remove and some verified. I have rarely had to wait 30 days from the day I mailed the dispute until I received a reply. In one instance I received a notice that an additional two weeks was required (apparently they are allowed this) and the item was eventually deleted.

The only reason I can see for a 45-60 day response time is #1 if the CRA asks for this 2 wk extension, #2 If Junum doesn't send the dispute for 2-4 wks after I submit the reports to them.

I am still a little skeptical. The other think that disturbed me was I signed up online, my debit card was charged successfully, I then received 3 calls in the next three days from a Junum rep telling me I needed to call them and the final message indicated my billing had failed. I checked with the bank and this was not correct, it was processed the same day submitted successfully. I emailed Junum as I can never seem to reach a rep on the phone and recieved an apology email that the billing had never failed after all and they had no idea why I was told this.

Bad first impressions....I'll wait and see....Lexington is looking better day by day.

9. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Hal

Just curious, when did sign up with Junum? Apparently several months ago they were in the process of moving and a lot of people had problems with them at that time. But they seem to have gotten it together in the past few months.

10. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Junum's been great

I've been with Junum and am just now getting my first rounds. I've had nothing but the most postive of customer service. It is almost 60 days on my first round of disputes but the ones I've gotten back have been worth it..(2 deleted on hubby's which is not that bad to start with) and 6 on mine. (That's just one CRA.)

I figured it was taking the longer time period because Junum was wording the disputes so well that the full amount of time was needed. I did my own for a while and it seems that I got them back faster but they were more likely to just throw "validate" at me and forget it.

Just my 2 cents worth.

11. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Junum's been great

LKH, I was told by others to keep copies of any and ALL old reports AND any newly updated reports as evidence that items were removed. That way if they re-appear you have much better argument to the CRA that they were disputed removed and to delete them. Anyway it sounds like your TU report went well, good luck on the others. Tell us when you are doing round 2.

~C~, It sounds like you and LKH are in about the same time frame. Good luck to you both. Now we have distinct first rounders, second rounders, and third rounders to compare results and offer advice.

Hal, I have read that Junum does not charge you until you receive updated reports and send them back to Junum as evidence of successful deletions. If they were causing some purposeful delay this would be dis-advantageous for them. The $10 per deletion charge is their bread and butter. For instance, taking LKH's TU report, 8 deletions will earn Junum $80, but 4 weeks earns them $14.95. I know that the monthlys add up but I figure I will cancel after 3 months or so of no results so it is not like I will need to pay monthly fees forever and 3 months is only $45.

I have read the same about the changes to Junum that LKH mentioned. I would have chosen Lex if not for the recent praise about the success of Junum from Jim and others and in fact was just about to when Jim told me that Junum helped him with foreclosure items that I had as well. Also, I have no crucial deadline for credit repair like an impending mortgage, so time is not my worst enemy.

Are you still having trouble contacting Junum? I called today and in a couple rings someone answered and handled my questions promptly. Call Junum again and see if you get better results and answers to your questions. I would stick it out for a bit to see if your impressions change..you may want to use the advice of the 2nd and 3rd rounders for your round 2, I know I will be listening.

Good luck to you as well.

-Dave

12. Hal

Hal Well-Known Member

I signed up a week ago. I think the "failed billing" message on my voicemail was the individual rep's way of trying to get me to return her call. I work two jobs and have about 6 hours total in the day to sleep and attend to errands so calling them is not high on my list of priorities and the two times I attempted I gave up after 10 minutes on hold.

The email responses to my questions have been more than professional with the exception of the one regarding the CRA addresses on their website. I replied to the rep that the addresses indeed DID NOT match and never received a response.

I am giving them a chance, I'll play it by ear for a few months and see what happens. Considering they do this as a business, it seems to me they should not have to sit around and carefully word disputes, it should be something that they have experience doing. I was also not too happy to pay the enrollment fee and discover I had to order my reports, wait a week to 10 days for receipt from the CRA (If I am lucky) and then mail them from Maryland to California wasting 2-3 weeks total of my first month enrollment fee before they provide any service. I am going to ask for credit for my first month and see what happens.

13. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I am in MD also, I ordered them about a week in advance of Junum signup (for free though-MD). It only tool a week. But I was worried it would take longer and that I had to send them cross country... I sent them overnight and advise you to do the same since it only costs about $12 FedEx and saves a week coorespondance time. Use the direct address I posted in another thread (Ill repost if you need).

So I called Junum about the delays and that I would be paying before anything COULD be done without the reports in Junum's hand and she said they are going to offer a free month credit as a promo in a month or so to all members (I think). Maybe this will help. I know it is hard to do, but try not to work so hard :)

-Dave

14. steve

steve Well-Known Member

Message for Jim

Jim, I am a representative of junum and have seen your posts here on creditnet. I would like a chance to talk with you. Can you please e-mail me at support@junum.com and leave me your account username so I can locate your account in our database. Also let me know the what the best time is to contact you. I look forward to speaking with you.

-Steve

15. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Re: Message for Jim

My first round with Junum and my Trans Union CRA took about 30 days...no lie! I'm going into 60 days and I haven't heard from Experian yet...but they are the only ones.

16. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Re: Message for Jim

As far as billing for the deletions, I was told yesterday that they will only charge you for 5 at a time. Nave - I would definitely keep all copies of old and current reports. Also, Junum told me yesterday that if something that was deleted should reappear, that they would take care of it at no charge, but, if something should be re-reported to the bureaus, they will see that it was disputed and deleted and most likely not re-enter it on your report. And as far as timing goes, my TU reports came back in about 2 weeks with everything deleted, but I have as of yet not heard a thing from exp. or eq. - not even a letter acknowledging receipt of my disputes. Will update as soon as I get my results. I am sending my transunion update in to Junum today so they can get started on round 2(although I don't think there is anything there that needs disputing) But I will let them go over the report and decide.