To: Nave Re: Lexington

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Hey Nave - I read in another thread that you spoke with Lexington. I never have spoken with them. What did they tell you about their service and what was your impression of them? The one comment that caught my eye was soemthing about being "mortgage ready in 2 months".

2. JustInTime

JustInTime Guest

Hi Jim,

I have good things to say about Lexington. Although I only had two negatives on my report, both incorrect, I couldn't get the CRAs and the creditors to agree on removing the items. I signed up for the "full retainer" at Lexington for a $300 initial charge and $125 monthly charge and have not regretted it. They have dealt with Chase, GMAC and all three CRAs for me and got the inaccuracies removed in "three months". It was worth it. With the full retainer the entire process was expedited.

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Hi Jim,
    I was told by a Lexington rep that their e-client service was very similar to the costs and results of their normal retainer service except I could ONLY contact them via email. She said that service was similar to Junum in that over the course of several months they can significantly improve your credit reports (she said Lexington reminds everyone that a year is what one should be ready to continue e-client to give it enough time to completly work).

However they have something called "Lexington Complete" that costs considerably more than what we are paying for Junum and what their e-client or normal retainer service costs. It is more like a true retainer for a lawyer that personally puts in billable hours to your case. Even at $35/month (e-client service) a lawyer does not spend much time on your individual case using I am sure. I was told that this service is for someone with damaged credit reports that was looking for a mortgage in the next 1 to 2 months. She said that a lawyer will personally work with you on your specific items and reports to get you cleaned up in time for your needing the loan. I do not know what they guarantee if anything.

Other than that I have no experience just the Lexington rep who told me this information. I will post an email letter I received about their e-client service since I did not wish to persue the expensive "complete" service. It will follow this post.

See you Sunday Jim.

-Dave

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Long Lex Reply

My questions to her are interspersed:

Dear David,
    Our firm specializes in assisting clients like yourself. We have deleted over 262,000 negative items of all kinds from our clients credit reports.

You asked: I have a foreclosure, how successful are you at removing them using e-client. I saw your results page, but that only tells me how many total foreclosures were removed, not how many were attempted to be removed. Or better yet what are the odds of having something that caustic, removed from your report.

Answer: There is no type of negative listing that hasn't been removed from a credit report thousands of times. Negative items, such as bankruptcy or unpaid debts, are certainly more difficult to remove from the credit report, but this has more to do with the operational systems of the credit bureaus than with the severity of the bad credit item. For example, judgements and tax liens are severely negative listings, yet are easier to remove.

You asked: How does one know whether Lexington has exhausted its abilities to remove items? Or more importantly, how do you know when you no longer need to continue with the monthly retainer? Does a Lexington assistant help you decide when your stuck with your remaining "bad" items or whether Lexington can still do something?

Answer: Each case varies, and the credit bureaus' response
    to each dispute varies as well. Therefore it is improper
    for a law firm to presume how long any individual case
    will require. Statistically, a participating client will receive on average 9 deletions by their fourth month, 13 deletions by the seventh month, and 24 deletions by the end of twelve months. The speed of your progress will depend on your participation, the nature of your case, and the level of credit bureau cooperation.

While paying us on a month-to-month basis, we require that
    our clients give the process a full opportunity to work. We do offer a warranty which states:

The client is required to participate by forwarding credit reports regularly. At the end of twelve months, if the client has done his part and we've made no progress, the money will be refunded. Otherwise, at the end of 12 months, we agree to pro-rate the success of the case by placing a $69.00 value on each deleted or improved listing and deducting that amount from the retainer fees. Then, we will refund the difference. Clients may cancel their retainer at any time, but in order to qualify for a warranty claim,
    the client must work with us for an entire year.

We offer this warranty to assist our prospective clients in feeling comfortablewith our work. However, when our clients have done their part by promptly forwarding their credit reports, they have statistically seen results well beyond the warranty value. Your satisfaction is our top priority.

To get started with the eClient credit repair program, sign up at https://creditrights.safeserver.com

Two to three business days after filling out the retainer agreement you will receive a welcome email with instructions on how to obtain your credit reports and get them to us.

We look forward to assisting you!

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Re: Long Lex Reply

Jim,

P.S. There is a guy named Jason who posts here now and then and maybe if you post a question about the Lexington Complete to him you will get a better answer than I can offer. -Dave

6. Polly

Polly Guest

This is not where I normally post but thought I should step in and share my Lexington experience here.

I too signed up for the full retainer $300 and $125 a month. It has been 5 months. Out of 9 negatives, 4 were successfully removed this past round (the first round).

I am still on the fence about them and was concerned when someone posted that full retainer would make this process go somehow faster. This was certainly not my experience thus far. Patience is paramount with these guys.

Just wanted to add my experience. Thanks.

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

300/125 - that is the "Full Retainer", and allows you a step above the "e-client", in that you can call a rep to discuss your case over the phone, with "e-client" you contact Lex ONLY through email.

I think that the "Lexington Complete" is even more expensive. Maybe I'm wrong but that is the way I understood it, that the "Lexington Complete" is another level beyond "Full Retainer" which is a level above "e-client" the "Complete" service is the repair service if you need credit repair FAST for an impending mortgage in a month or 2. -Dave

8. Polly

Polly Guest

This is what I see as available: eclient, full retainer and complete. Full retainer is $200 down and $75 a month. Complete is $300 down and $125 a month. Complete-That's what I am paying. I called them and specifically asked for the highest level of service package they have.

9. Polly

Polly Guest

I made an error in my original post. Sorry.

10. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Polly,
    Oh I see. I must be mistaken on time frame then. That seems an awful lot to be paying..."Lex Complete" for the time it has taking you/them(5 months) to get 4 removals (were they hard to remove items like bk's) ... Others like myself are trying Junum and are trying to keep the board informed of our progress (good or bad). Junum is 14.95/month and $8/deletion and others have had much success lately.

You might want to keep up with the groups Junum posts and see if they could do as good a job for substanially less $. That is unless you are happy with Lex, just a suggestion.

-Dave

11. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Nope. Here's a copy of the email they sent me today. Notice the last line.

----

Dear David

We received your 3 in 1 Credit Report and we are in the process of entering it into our database. We will notify you via email of when the dispute letter has been sent out.

Document Control
    Lexington Law Firm

====================================================

Remember: Now you can call in for Free. We are waiving all the phone fees associated with your case.

12. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Cool. I was just quoting what I was told by the sales rep, maybe at the time I called they were trying to build up their regular retainer service :) again I have no experience with Lex good or bad, I have only heard good things. -Dave

13. Okie

Okie Guest

So what's the difference between the $200 and $75/month and the $300 and $125/month deal?

BTW-They don't answer my emails at my rate anyway. I can't imagine what the service must be like at the bottom level rate.