to nave re:starting date

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by leo728, Jul 3, 2001.

1. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

hi dave, you can easily see what date you started with credit expert.

goto the "request for inquiry" page.

the first inquiry date that creditexpert put onto your report should be the date you joined.

let me know if it works.

leo

2. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Ahhhh crafty!! Thanks Leo, I will check it that way. Great idea.

-Dave

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

sorry for not replying earlier. I remembered someone was asking that question, but I couldn't locate the message thread.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

S'OK!!! And JUST IN TIME! I joined on the 7th not the 9th as previously thought...Thanks again Leo that was a great idea since if you saw the other thread, I could NOT contact CE because their 800# has been disconnected and they have not replied to my email (and may not till after the holiday at earliest).

Much appreciated. -Dave

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

no problem,

will you be able to cancel in time? I read that it is a bit@#ch to cancel.

lol

6. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

We will see. Unlike Judy, I did not get an error page, my results reached a page that said:

Your subscription to Credit Manager has been canceled as of 07/03/01. For questions regarding your account, please call 1-800-787-6864. Please print this page for your records.

By my count that is 26 days. But since I can not reach the 800# I remain skeptical until I see no $80 charge appear. I will of course let you know the outcome of the online cancellation, as well as the email to CE about the 800#.

-Dave

PS... I just tried to log in and got this:

Your membership is not active. Please call 1-800-787-6864 to contact our Customer Service for assistance. (CM_4101)

So Cancellation online works, and I should have made it under the 30 days.

7. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

cool.

I think I will keep creditexpert for a year. I like being able to pull a credit report whenever I want . And I am planning to apply for a mortgage within a year. Just want to see how it affects my score.

I also have the equifax product. They only let me pull 5 reports a year and you have to pay for every new credit score.

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Update on signup date!!!

FYI

The email I sent to CreditExpert Customer Support was just replied to (very prompt, NanaC could give them an A+ in support response :) and they wrote back that my start date was the 6th. Even though the first CE inquiry on my credit report was on the 7th! WOW I just made it then because I thought I originally signed up on the 9th...the 6th makes my cancellation today, the 28th day!!! Whew!!

So, if you rely on the date of the inquiry on your report from CreditExpert you may want to calculate a day or 2 cushion if you are trying to cancel before the 30 day trial ends and escape the charge. Hope that helps someone.

-Dave