To Pat & those upset about

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Nov 21, 2000.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Pat,
    What do you want to do about Citibank not reporting credit limits. As far as I know it is just experian that they started this with. What is your take on this. Ligitate?

roni

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Not sure

Not sure Roni, I did draft a letter to experian asking them to report my limits, I told them I feel if they are going to report they should report all the information on my account. I am just waiting to get my statements so I can attach a copy. It probably won't work b/c Citibank is behind it, atleast that was my take on the article.

Mom

3. Alwilda Sm

Alwilda Sm Guest

RE: To Pat & those upset a

...so much for reporting "complete and accurate information" as required by federal law.

-Alwilda Smith

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

That may be our main point

That may be a point to make with Experian, but I do feel Citibank isn't giving them the limits to report, but can't figure out if Eq and TU just won't play by Citibank rules or what? Hopefully we can try and figure this one out.

Mom

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: That may be our main point

I dont buy that Mom, Capital one has been getting away with it with equifax for a long time. Something is fishy w/ Citi and experian.

roni

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: That may be our main point

Would filing out a complaint form with the FTC do any good???

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Mom

I plan on drafting my letters to experian, citibank and the FTC over thanksgiving. I will call the FTC tomorrow.

roni

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

great

Let me know what they say?? and let me know what letter you are drafting, I am working on mine.

Mom

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: great

I just did a email complaint, online complaint form to the FTC. But I will follow with a letter.

roni,

10. Pat M.

Pat M. Guest

I am now known as "Pat M.", as there is another "Pat" on ths board. The FCRA does not seem to require a creditor to report a credit limit unless a dispute is made with the CRA, at which time "complete"info must be reported, IF INFO IS GOING TO BE REPORTED.
    As Citibank is under no obligation (created by the FCRA or otherwise)
    to actually report the account to the CRAs, I'd expect that their response to any dispute about providing "complete" information, especially with any mention of litigation or duties under the FCRA to be to merely delete the account from your credit report. Such an action would not subject the creditor to any liability, and would obviate any liability.

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

That sucks. basically.

12. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well that's just great, if we pursue this then Citibank may not report our accounts at all. Talk about unfair, these laws really need changing.

Mom

13. Pat M.

Pat M. Guest

I have had trouble with creditors reporting accurate info on charged off accounts- they kept getting the dates wrong. The paralegal who responded to me just deleted both accounts- charge offs from 1995, because it was easier than reporting "complete & correct info".