? to pbm

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by lbrown59, May 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Why don't the black arrow change to gray after I read a post ?

2. pbm

pbm Administrator

This should now be fixed for you. Try quitting your browser and relaunching. Please let us know if the problem persists.

pbm

3. lbrown59

after reading the post the letters of the topic change
    from blue to gray but the arrow still remains black!

4. pbm

pbm Administrator

Try logging out (click on 'Logout' in the navigation bar), quit your browser and relaunch, then log back in from the Straight Talk main page.

Does the problem persist after you follow these exact steps?

pbm

5. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

I've noticed this problem too. Don't know if you've tried this, but when I'm done reading posts, I click on the "Today" button, and the "blacks" turn to "gray" indicating they're read. If not, someone posted something else.

Just my experience... :)

6. lbrown59

Y E S

7. lbrown59

Just tried this-Still same problem!

8. lbrown59

What's the two warnings at the top of the post pages all about ?

Could they be the cause of the problem?

I discovered them about the same time the problem started! lb 59

9. admin

admin Administrator Staff Member

If you use the back button to return to the index, the browser won't reload the page, so the little arrow will stay black. (Pressing refresh at that point will reload the page and cause the arrows to be shown correctly.) If, on the other hand, instead of pressing the back button, you press the up arrow graphic at either the top or bottom of the show thread page to go back to the list of threads, the little black arrows will show correctly.

So, in a nutshell, if you care about the little black arrows, use the graphic up arrow and other navigation buttons to navigate around the site and not the browser's back button.

10. pbm

pbm Administrator

Can you be more specific about the warnings you are seeing? We cannot reproduce the problem you are experiencing, though it does sound like you are getting error messages that we and others are not seeing.

If you could copy and paste them verbatim along with information on what browser you are running, which version, and what OS platform, that would help tremendously in troubleshooting what appears to be an isolated case.

Thank you.
    pbm

11. lbrown59

I just E-Mailed a copy of the warning messages

And the the browser Info.

12. pbm

pbm Administrator

Yes, we received your email. Please check your email for a reply from us. Since we can pursue this matter further in email we will close this thread.

Sincerely,
    pbm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.