To: PSUgirl/SAAR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats PSUgirl on your Cap One success via Planet Feedback. I had success using Planet Feedback too.

I am posting to you (PSUgirl) for a reason. You plan to submit your statement to the CRA's in order to update your credit limit. I planned to do this until SAAR reported that a "Hard Delete" was done to his Cap One account as a result of this tactic. By "Hard Delete", I was informed that the account cannot and will not reappear on your credit report. Someone else on the board had the same thing happen and I did not notice anyone here saying that this is nonsense.

PSUgirl, I hope that SAAR sees this thread and updates you with any additional info. I feel fairly certain that I have presented the basic facts here correctly.

I updated my limit with Cap One by charging to near the maximum and then paying it off.

Good luck

2. Saar

Saar Banned

True, but a small correction: It did work w/ Experian. The one who did a hard delete was TransUnion. Equifax simply said some creditors don't report limits, and left the entry unchanged.

Saar

3. PSUgirl

PSUgirl Guest

I have had experiance with asking all 3 CRA's to report my credit limit with an account that I had back in the day that didnt report credit limits also.

I would assume that it is all in the way you ask and word your letter. I never got the account deleted. They conducted an investigation and it came back varified.

So, I guess theres different strokes for different folks. But, I have had success with it!

PSUGirl

4. Saar

Saar Banned

UPDATE:

Jim:

Called TransUnion, and demanded that they undelete my Capital One tradeline. They did, and it will re-appear. They'll send me a new report to reflect that.

Saar

5. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Re: UPDATE:

Thanks Saar and PSUgirl. I will try and update my Cap One limit when I have the time.

Saar let us know, if TU does what they said they will do.