To: Roni Need advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Oct 25, 2000.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Roni. I have enjoyed your posts here on the board. Please give me your "opinion" regarding Citibank. Please understand that I am asking only for an opinion here.

I checked out the Ciytibank web site to apply for a credit card. I am rebuilding credit after a Chap 7 B.K. (awarded in Feb 1999) and a forclosure in 1997. That's the bad news.

The good news is that I have paid 18 out of 48 auto loan payments and use 5 visa and dept store cards every month. No lates for 2 years. No inquiries on my report for 5 months. Only 2 inquiries in the last year. I have worked in the same company for many years. The last FICO score I saw was 640 and rising in June 2000.

I know that you got approved pretty easily. Should I apply at Citibank online? Were your credit problems anywhere near mine? Remember that to me it's not the end of the world if I get turned down. I am at the 2 year mark with my B.K. (applied for in Nov. 1998).

Thanks - Your friend Jim

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

In my opinion, No. There are two reasons for this opinion. First, many people on this site with past bk's have been turned down. Secondly, I do not have any bks on my report. I have numerous paid collection accounts. They are student loans, but regardless they all show up as "paid collections". They are from 4/99 and paid as of 4/00. Recent paid collections have made it impossible to get approved from other lenders because all of my credit is new. So, at this point I would not apply with a bk. I would rather work at getting the bk removed from your credit report once dismissed. Now, I dont know anything about bk's and you will never see me post any comments on the subject. I know you signed with Junum and that is a great start. If you the bk off the public record section, you may have a shot. Good Luck to you.

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Thanks. The B.K. clarification

Now we'll see how Junum does. If they fail I'll consier Lexington.

Keep up the good work. I enjoy your posts.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Thanks. The B.K. clarifica

JUNUM removed 3 loans from experian report which I had trouble removing. I have been trying to contact them for 4 days. I just get a voice mail.

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Just curious....

When you signed up for Junum and sent them your credit reports, did you tell them what outcome you wanted? Or did they just start trying to get negative stuff removed?

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Just curious....

I didnot tell them anything. They know what's negative and what's not. I am paying them to dispute. Nothing more.

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

O.k. so...

I guess what I'm asking is, say for instance you have an auto loan w/ 10+ 30 day lates that's listed as a paid charge off. Are they going to dispute the 30 days and charge off status or are they going to try and get it removed totally?

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: O.k. so...

I am almost positive that they will try to get the lates removed. They can remove the lates. But I have read where many people have disputed lates and the cb removed the entire item when not verified. Who knows what the cb will do? but 10 30day dates is really bad though on a auto loan. That deletion may not be a bad thing. it has to be hurting your score more than helping. That is if the lates were in the last 2-3 years. Dont you think?