To Roni: Re FHA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jim, Nov 5, 2000.

1. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Check out the news. FHA is lowering their PMI required by 1/3rd. Typical savings on a $100 K loan are $750. Per the Los Angeles Times today.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Jim

That's great news. I will be going FHA next summer. I do however have a question regarding FHA if you don't mind. I read a post at another board that stated that if you had any unpaid collections older than 4 years old, that FHA DOES NOT require these items to be paid?? I always thought they had to be paid. I plan on paying ours, it is only one for a small amount, I was just curious though??

Thanks

3. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Mom Your questions are always

I have heard the same info but I don't really know. When I got an FHA loan in 1986, my credit was spotless. Roni found the FHA website. You might ask her or credit defences

Good luck

4. Crdt Dfnse

Crdt Dfnse Well-Known Member

Mom, Check Out MBAA.org

MomOf3:
    You may also want to look into MBAA.org, the national hub website for mortgage banking. They often have articles and follow-up material on FHA, so its worth a look.

Keep The Faith,
    Anthony Villaseñor
    CreditDefenses.com

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Mom, Check Out MBAA.org

Thanks Anthony and Jim:)

6. jtm

jtm Guest

RE: Jim

yes. all fha loans require you to meet your past obligations no matter how old they are. (at least as long as they are still on your credit report)

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

thanx Jim.

thanks Jim. I will check it out.

Jim wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Check out the news. FHA is lowering their PMI required by 1/3rd. Typical savings on a $100 K loan are $750. Per the Los Angeles Times today.