To Roni....Spiegel card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by river, Feb 28, 2001.

1. river

river Well-Known Member

Well,I gave it some thought after talking about adding another tradeline the other day and decided to apply for the Spiegel card.Will know in a few days if I was approved. I did mention having the visa and mastercard from FCNB.I've got my fingers crossed.Would this be considered a "revolving account"? Next thing now is go to my bank and take savings and transfer to cd to secure a small secure loan.

2. Eboni

Eboni Guest

i have a Nrewport News Card which can be used spiegel and Eddie Bauer. They sent me the pre-approval with the catalog.

I started with a 250 limit, in 18 months it was at 5750.

3. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am thrilled that you applied for the spiegel card. Maybe you can purchase some electronics. Like I said I went from $400 to $1400 since 10/00 when I got the card. They are pretty awesome. I cant wait for my next increase. I will pray for your approval also.

roni

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Why don't you try to apply Eddie Bauer Rewards Card and rewards you gift certificate when you make purchase on the Eddie Bauer and used other places.

5. river

river Well-Known Member

Re: To Ron...Spiegel card

I gave it some consideration at time of applying and decided "where I stand at this point in my credit-restoring,it would be considered a "prime card"(mastercard)and I am not trying to put useless "hard inquiries" on my credit reports knowing at this point in restoring that I wouldn't be approved.I am assuming that I would have a better shot with the Spiegel(which can br used at other two merchants also. Look ,I'm having to get in ,so to speak,through the back door to get a card that I can add to my tradelines.This is the same thing I am doing to be able to have a tradeline and also enjoy Eddie Bauer merchandise.

6. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I had a FCNB card but

it was charged off back in 96. I did pay it in full and it's listed as Paid charge off on 1 CR and the other 2 are open/current. I wonder why they vary from report to report?

I loved Speigal but had some rough financial times. Do you think they will approve me once again?

7. river

river Well-Known Member

Re: I had a FCNB card but

only way to know is to call and re apply and see what they say.

8. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I was declined. RON

I did apply for the eddie bauer card honey. I was DECLINED.

roni

9. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Re: Sorry to hear that but

look on the bright side...one less card. You're doing perfectly well now! You don't need them, their loss. ;OD

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Sorry to hear that but

I'm sorry to hear that and last month I apply on-line for Eddie Bauer Mastercard. I got approved $2500 instantly. I think you have some charge-off or negative mark on your report.