To: Roni

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Larry, Jan 8, 2001.

1. Larry

Larry Guest

Let me 1st say that... I love you girl !! I have followed all your posts and others and find them very helpful. Thanks so much !

My question to you is:
    I have both CitiAA (silver) and CitiAA (Gold)Can these two be combined?

I don't know if this will make a difference, but I have $7500 in combine credit limit for these two cards and $3400 balance, which will be paid quickly.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

thanks larry. Most accounts can be combined after 6 months being opened. I have not asked Citi to combine my accounts at this time though. Give them a call. I called to combine one night and got the platinum card instead. I was not ready to let go of the gold card at that time. So I kept them both. I plan to combine them shortly.

roni

3. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Larry,

I'm not Roni but I think I can help.

Yes, you can definitely combine your Citibank silver and gold advantage cards. I did. The initial limit I got on each was $9,000 and I combined accounts for a limit of $18,000. What I did was close my silver card account and combine it with my gold. Others here have combined and upgraded to a platinum. However, my choice was to keep the gold. I got a good deal and a lower interest rate.

By the way, I agree with you: Roni is the best! I have a lot of admiration and respect for what she's accomplished. Also, she's been extremely helpful to all of us on the board.

Good luck, Larry. Let us know what kind of a deal you work out with "The Citi."

Donna

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

When I combined 3 into 1...the rep said "you now have $XX,XXX credit line on one card, and the two other accounts are closed...DO YOU WANT $5,000 MORE?
    YES!!!

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

George,

Did you do this with Citibank?

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

RE: George,

NO, was AVCO sold to HOUSEHOLD who sold the account to FLEET.

Paid off and gone.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Oh, ok i was just wondering, since we were talking about Citibank..

roni

8. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Just for point of reference...

9. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

Combining Cards

Larry was also talking about combining cards. Comparisons can help us understand the basic concepts involved. Sooner or later, most of us will have to deal with banks other than Citibank.

10. billc

billc Guest

Does citibank pull equifax for the cra? Thanks

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

depends on where you live. Some say equifax-that would be in the south. They pulled transunion when I lived in NY and Pa-that would be northeast. What about you cali people?

12. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Combining Cards

That was not necessary. George's post could be confusing since he didnot state which bank he was talking about. But, as usual people here can't resist a snipe at me and citibank. What else is new?

roni

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Equifax and the south.

Well in atlanta, at least, its a pretty given to pull equifax :)

A long time ago, when i wrote credit bureau software. A credit association (not a bureau) Gave me a list showing where each creditor had the strongest court-collection in each zip code. This is what many banks/etc use to save money by pulling the credit report with the most likely to find local damaging information (court records).

Now. The credit bureaus get pissed off because each to their own bureau says "We're the best everywhere in every state etc". when in fact, Some credit bureaus don't collect court records in some counties and some states.

You get the picture.

14. RichGuy

RichGuy Guest

RE: Combining Cards

I was thinking about my post later, and you have a valid point. We did need to clarify which bank George was talking about. Any sarcasm I detected in your comment may not have been intended by you.