To Roni

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Mar 26, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

I was reading the convo you and LizardKing had going on. I've got a question for you....

What were your balances like for your credit cards when you started applying for them again in 08/00?

Also, are you saying that those cards you got, they all pulled from Equifax? I'm really interested specifically in Chase.

Thanks!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Re: To shantel

Hi Shantel,

No, I shouldnot have said they all pulled from equifax. I should say they pulled from transunion and my transunion back then was my best report.

Now my transunion sucks b/c a public record for parking ticket surcharges was added in 12/00. And yes, I paid the tickets but not the surcharges and they claimed they had no new address on me so I didnot know about any surcharges. This was for a state that I used to live in. Anyway!

Chase and Citibank pulled Transunion on me back in sept and aug.

So far Experian was pulled by Victoria secret and target.
    Macy's pulled equifax. I have not been successful in finding anyone else who pulls equifax since I move to this area. I live in Pa,, Transunion country.

My balances were low. I hardly carried any balances in the cards last year. I would pay the card almost off each month. I kept my cards in the 15% utilization ratio.

roni

3. Shantel

Thanks for the info. I think I'll go ahead a hold off applying for new credit until I see more results from Junum.

TransUnion is being hard nosed with my CRA. A few things were verified, some things said "new info added", but there wasn't any new information added on my report. Wonder what "new info" it was. Also, one thing is from Air Touch and I actually paid them and have a letter saying it's PIF but it came back verified from TransUnion.

I'm waiting for my Experian....I've had NO inquiries on them in the last year or more. It was my best out of the three pre-Junum. Maybe I can get them cleared up.

I'm in NC (close enough to GA to be Equifax country), but as of late, folks had been pulling my TransUnion report...go figure.

I'll keep you all posted. Maybe now that my Equifax is cleaned up, I'll get some pre-approvals.

Thanks again Roni for the clarification.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I am from NC and I figured I would use my home address to apply for a card. Just like you said, they pulled transunion. I dont know what is up with that. NC is definitely equifax country. It always has been. I think TU for some reason has done some serious marketing.

roni

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Credit reporting agencies, like stores have "SALES"...so they may be on sale to a credit card company for a given amount of time.

6. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I'll be glad when the Transunion clearance sale is over.

roni

7. Shantel

LOL Roni....me TOO!