TO sam and Saar

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JacquiG, Aug 24, 2001.

1. JacquiG

JacquiG Well-Known Member

I owe you two so much! I've had my Plat Select account since October last year, and my 2.9 expired last month. I called just before the end of the month to see if they would give me a lower rate, but they 'had nothing available'. It's only 13.65, so it's not bad, but...

So today I'm reading your response to another post, (Saar, love that 'dog and pony show' quote), so I called again. I had a feeling things would go well because the rep sounded SO cheerful. I told her only that my rate was 13.4 (oops) and I was looking for something better. She put me on hold, then came back with 9.9% effective today. Being the skeptic that I am, I asked if it was a promo rate or BT rate, and she said no, it's permanent, but it is variable, and it changes with prime, blah blah blah.

The sun in shining in Atlanta, and I am just beside myself. So now my lowest rates are Universal at 8.4, Citi at 9.9, DMB 10.74, and several between 13.99 and 15.9.

Thanks guys!!!

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

great! I was up at work 5am this morning in atlanta, and it was pretty dark in buckhead and chilly.. :)

Hay, Charge a bunch on that card, and pay it down , then call up again. Ask for prime+0.9%, you'll get it!!